Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

gas went up thirty freakin cents

Posted by   + Show Post

in teh past few days. fuckin big oil assholes.

even better, we do all the driving and BM doesn't drive her ass anywhere. she lives 11 miles away. it irritates me but it irritates me equally at SO because its not CO'd that he do all the driving yet he does.

by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:45 PM
Replies (11-20):
MommySabs
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 4:41 PM
Seriously?! How have I not heard anything until today about this????? I had no idea! The girl at the store said they can't get any in bc the venders can get a higher price over seas for it so they are selling it there first before even thinking about filling orders in the states.

Quoting PROGENITOR:

Quoting MommySabs:

Ours actually went down ten cents this weeks. However there is apparently a helium shortage and I'm having dd3 birthday party Saturday so no balloons :(

Helium is running out, soon there will be no more......at all. Can you think of a world without balloon bouquets. Some of the stores here no longer have ballons, others do. I imagine it depends on how well stocked they were before and if they are able to get more.

But you have to stop and think of how stupid we have been to waste it on things like birthday balloons. Once it is gone, it is gone.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PROGENITOR
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 4:45 PM

I heard about it over the summer on some PBS news show.

Quoting MommySabs:

Seriously?! How have I not heard anything until today about this????? I had no idea! The girl at the store said they can't get any in bc the venders can get a higher price over seas for it so they are selling it there first before even thinking about filling orders in the states.

Quoting PROGENITOR:

Quoting MommySabs:

Ours actually went down ten cents this weeks. However there is apparently a helium shortage and I'm having dd3 birthday party Saturday so no balloons :(

Helium is running out, soon there will be no more......at all. Can you think of a world without balloon bouquets. Some of the stores here no longer have ballons, others do. I imagine it depends on how well stocked they were before and if they are able to get more.

But you have to stop and think of how stupid we have been to waste it on things like birthday balloons. Once it is gone, it is gone.

Panda113
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 4:48 PM
I filled up last Thursday and it was $3.95. By Monday it was $4.05 and by this morning it was $4.35! Seriously, wth!?

I feel you on this one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
faerie75
by Platinum Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 5:21 PM

11 miles on bay area freeways many times a week is a lot.

Quoting DDDaysh:

11 miles doesn't sound like anything at all to me. 

....ClvrScn.
by Silver Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 5:32 PM
Dh and I drive 60 miles a day. We get about 30 miles to the gallon because its all highway!

I just got gas - it was 3.54 and I was like stop NOW!

It hasn't hit 4 here yet. The highest I have seen is 3.89 but we have a very extensive public transit system. You can get anywhere on the bus or train from anywhere so th prices can't go too high - people just don't drive.

Dh is court order to do all of the driving. He spends about 50 bucks every weekend taking SD back and forth. We spend about 7 dollars a day to work but I car pool with a court worker. She gives me 3 a day - so it off sets the price - a lot.
ShannaBee
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 5:41 PM
Ugh. Debating on saddling up a cow to ride (we don't have horses anymore only moo mood)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DDDaysh
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 5:41 PM

:-)  I just drive more than 100 miles a day, so it just seems odd to me. 

But I'd probably kill myself if I had to live in the bay area.  I don't do well with crowds. 

Quoting faerie75:

Quoting DDDaysh:

faerie75
by Platinum Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 5:48 PM

lol i figured, i know some people live pretty far outside cities and drive a lot. traffic just sucks here sometimes.

Quoting DDDaysh:

:-)  I just drive more than 100 miles a day, so it just seems odd to me. 

But I'd probably kill myself if I had to live in the bay area.  I don't do well with crowds. 

Quoting faerie75:

Quoting DDDaysh:

faerie75
by Platinum Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 5:49 PM

we do have public transit but the city is so sprawling and there are so many suburbs that its pretty much just 100 miles of non stop city.

theres no court order of who does the driving so thats why its annoying.

Quoting ....ClvrScn.:

Dh and I drive 60 miles a day. We get about 30 miles to the gallon because its all highway!

I just got gas - it was 3.54 and I was like stop NOW!

It hasn't hit 4 here yet. The highest I have seen is 3.89 but we have a very extensive public transit system. You can get anywhere on the bus or train from anywhere so th prices can't go too high - people just don't drive.

Dh is court order to do all of the driving. He spends about 50 bucks every weekend taking SD back and forth. We spend about 7 dollars a day to work but I car pool with a court worker. She gives me 3 a day - so it off sets the price - a lot.

PROGENITOR
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:57 PM

I was totally planning to stay off of CM for the rest of this day but then I was driving to the gym and saw gas prices, and had to share.

So yesderday I mention that gas is $4.35/gal and today it is $4.45 a gallon.

Fuck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured