Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Well, that didn't last long.

Posted by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:01 PM
  • 48 Replies
So last week I posted about BM being extra pleasant at pick up. She told dh he could have SS EVERY Saturday. (co says alternating Saturday's)

So dh doesn't have to work tomorrow. He texts BM, "what time should I be there to pick up SS tomorrow"
"noon" she says.
As he's typing to confirm, she texts again.
"youre not allowed to be around your new gf. (that's what she calls me. We've been married almost 2 years.) You can take him to [BIL]'s"
He told her BIL isn't home tomorrow and he doesn't have any way to pick SS up except with me. She said if he shows up with me she's calling the cops. She said the court order says he can't be around me and that he has to go to bil's. (it doesn't. All it says, literally, is: father is to excersise parenting time on alternating Saturday's from 10am until 3pm starting on 9/29/12 and thereafter for 90 days until further order of the court.) so dh simply states that it doesn't say that. She starts texting a bunch of cuss words. Pretty much saying that it isn't even his Saturday and for him to fuck off. "see you next week. Goodbye"

Sigh.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angelmommy2806
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:03 PM

I'm sorry things didn't work.

Sunivondea
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:16 PM
Me too. :(
But he'd trying not to feed into her shit right now. Hopefully she cools down by next week. Otherwise he's showing up with me and she's gonna call the cops and make herself look like an asshole.

Quoting angelmommy2806:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
annabl1970
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:27 PM

She has bipolar disorder?

Your H should save her texts.

Go out with your H tomorrow and have fun.

And plan something fun for SS for next Saturday.

momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:32 PM
Ugh thanks for the update though. I remember your post. Hmmm... Why is she all of a sudden not wanting you around? She was fine last week seeing you correct?? She thinks she can control the day because it's 'her' day. I would document this. It's not going to look very good and at this point any concerns about you that she 'might' have been able to use are lost because she was fine with it last week.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:39 PM
2 moms liked this
Ok I don't agree with this. One of the things that the therapist didn't like was that dad couldn't do pick up without his wife glaring from the car. (not saying that is what you are doing) BUT why don't you save your SS the battle between his parents by just stepping to the side on pick up and drop off? Obviously she can't handle the fact that you will be around her child so just wait down the street. I know that sounds like you are giving in to her demands but isn't it better for your SS to not have that drama between his parents? Stomping your feet and saying 'I'm coming any way I don't care what you say suck it up and get over it' is kind of like dangling it in front of her. I'd suggest just waiting down the street. Let him pick up his kid and he can swing by and pick you up on the way out. She can call the cops and throw a temper tantrum and look completely ridiculous in front of everyone but is that really what you want for your SS? You want him to see that behavior? It will scare him AND ruin the day.

I do a lot of things like this which sometimes makes me feel like I'm giving in to demands and that 'they are winning' but in the end, it saves my daughter the heartache. And that's more important to me than being right.

Quoting Sunivondea:

But he'd trying not to feed into her shit right now. Hopefully she cools down by next week. Otherwise he's showing up with me and she's gonna call the cops and make herself look like an asshole.

Quoting angelmommy2806:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kellynh
by Kelly on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:42 PM
That Sucks!! Sorry :(
boysmom5
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:43 PM
I would save the text messages and document conversations (if any). It goes to show she is unstable. Hope things go better next week.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessiesluv
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Definately save the texts for documentation!

Refurbished
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:46 PM

This.  

Quoting jessiesluv:

Definately save the texts for documentation!

Sunivondea
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:02 PM
I would never want to go to her house. But dh doesn't drive. BIL lives down the street from BM so I would drive dh there and he'd walk down to her house. But she would go outside to make sure my car wasn't there.
Which I guess, for the sake if saving the drama, I could leave and come pick him and SS up later. But shed probably still be watching.
Does she really expect dh to not bring his son to his own home?
I know it's not best for any of the kids to see the drama. But BM really needs to be put in her place.
Idk what her deal is with me. We've only been face to face twice for a minute. I have always stayed out of it and let dh handle her. I have never spoke to her.

Quoting momof2ex1:

Ok I don't agree with this. One of the things that the therapist didn't like was that dad couldn't do pick up without his wife glaring from the car. (not saying that is what you are doing) BUT why don't you save your SS the battle between his parents by just stepping to the side on pick up and drop off? Obviously she can't handle the fact that you will be around her child so just wait down the street. I know that sounds like you are giving in to her demands but isn't it better for your SS to not have that drama between his parents? Stomping your feet and saying 'I'm coming any way I don't care what you say suck it up and get over it' is kind of like dangling it in front of her. I'd suggest just waiting down the street. Let him pick up his kid and he can swing by and pick you up on the way out. She can call the cops and throw a temper tantrum and look completely ridiculous in front of everyone but is that really what you want for your SS? You want him to see that behavior? It will scare him AND ruin the day.

I do a lot of things like this which sometimes makes me feel like I'm giving in to demands and that 'they are winning' but in the end, it saves my daughter the heartache. And that's more important to me than being right.

Quoting Sunivondea:

Quoting angelmommy2806:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN