Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Step parenting is hard when bio parent doesnt stand by u

Posted by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:20 PM
  • 10 Replies

Well where do I start My husband and i have been married for 9 mos.The kids were great with me and I with them to start but their bio mom doesnt care for me so the kids now have taken her opinions on about me and is making things really hard and not to mention tells her kids that my 6 yr old son is a troubled child because of my parenting.I can assure that I may not be a perfect parent but I know that my child is a good kid and is the world to me.I have been a foster parent for the last 2 yrs and was easier to do that than be a step parent.My husband and I are on edge with each other on the days all the kids are here.Just recently his xwife texted him that i was skanky trash and he was a loser dad. She is a professional that works in a hospital and i never thought she could speak those words. I've tried to get along converse and make things easier with her but dead end. I want us to be a family but feel divided him and his kids and me and my son. Ive said to my husband that we need to stand together and he always is with them and doing stuff with his kids doesnt include my son and his kids treat my son like crap and im always on the defense for my child.. Thanks for reading please i need advice.

by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AustinsMama1226
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:23 PM
I wish I had advice..just wanted to let you know you aren't alone! I'm in the same boat.. :/ *HUGS*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heathercm26
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:26 PM
Sorry mama. Sounds like u arent in the marriage u signed up for.....maybe some counseling?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
longlegged1976
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:28 PM

Well if there is so many of us out there where can we find the answers..lol may never be any but thanks for the hugs. sending some HUGS back!

longlegged1976
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:30 PM

No not the marriage i signed up for.my husband says if we need couseling that is for whimps!

packermomof2
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:09 AM

I didn't care for my ex's wife and my kids didn't take that and run with it.  You don't need moms support.  You need your husbands.

Being a professional doesn't mean you can't say words like that.  It just means you're not supposed to say them at work.

saywhat2102
by Gold Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:25 AM
1 mom liked this
Your problem isn't the ex wife. Your problem is you and your husband are not on the same page! Its time for you to have a word of prayer with him!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
annabl1970
by Gold Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:35 AM
Talk with your H. He is the problem.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsboomtastic
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:46 AM
Its his attitude that is hurting your marriage. If things don't improve don't say in this marriage, you'll be hurting your own son by staying

Quoting longlegged1976:

No not the marriage i signed up for.my husband says if we need couseling that is for whimps!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShannaBee
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 6:35 PM

I agree with your post title. I am glad that my husband has always been supportive and stood beside me in everything.

I have been bullied by BM so I know the words can hurt. But try to ignore it.

Have you talked to your DH abuot how you feel and that you want his support?

longlegged1976
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:34 AM

I have told him i feel that we are not a team its his kids and him and my kid and me its very divided his children are very mean to my 6 yr old they are 11 and 15.When i say things to disipline them for things that they do to my son then im the bad guy and i think he needs to discipline them with me or on his own.My husband never wants to talk about anything or deal with problems that may occur.very frustrating

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)