Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Do you have...

Posted by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:26 AM
  • 19 Replies

Do you have any weird habits?

I always have to wash my hands after touching anything I feel have germs or will make my hands smell. Like coming back from grocery shopping, touching foods etc. I'm weird I know.

by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kellynh
by Kelly on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:24 AM
Lol... Yup... Most people would consider how I put the toilet paper on the roll.... The wrong way. I hate it over... Has to be under...
Tigress22304
by Ruby Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 5:43 AM
1 mom liked this
If i make mashed potatoes for dinner. . . I have to have corn with it and thy have to be mixed together!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rebeccasmly
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 1:26 PM

I can't use the same napkin to wipe my hands more then once during a meal. I use multiple napkins during every meal. It seems too dirty and disgusting.

amanda_mom89
by Gold Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 1:52 PM
I used to have a lot of quirky behaviors but I've managed
To gradually eliminate most of them.

I used to count stairs every time I went up or down a set with odd numbers on the left and even on the right.

Volume or anything similar had to be on an even number.

As of now, I put my shoes on left sock right sock left shoe right shoe. No other order.

But probably the weirdest thing about me is that I CAN'T STAND super soft things.

It makes me feel like choking. It makes my skin crawl.

Things that are too soft:
-velvet
-brand new fleece
-flour
-baby powder
And other similar textures. My mom said I've been like that since I was a baby. Idk why. I just can't stand to touch it,
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cruelella2to
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:16 PM

OMG i can't stand volume on anything but even numbers. It annoys me that i am that way.

the only other wierd thing i do stems from work. I do "security checks" at my house in my sleep. i get up and walk around and check all windows and doors almost hourly throughout the night but i now do it in my sleep. when it first started happening i would try to fight the urge and i would lay awake untill i finished the task, now its become such a regular thing that i sleep walk and do security checks. this includes inner and outer door checks, just like i have to do at work. (prison)

Quoting amanda_mom89:

I used to count stairs every time I went up or down a set with odd numbers on the left and even on the right.

As of now, I put my shoes on left sock right sock left shoe right shoe. No other order.

But probably the weirdest thing about me is that I CAN'T STAND super soft things.

-velvet
-brand new fleece
-flour
-baby powder
And other similar textures. My mom said I've been like that since I was a baby. Idk why. I just can't stand to touch it,

amanda_mom89
by Gold Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:19 PM
I'm a juvenile detention officer and I've done that very same thing! Only once though..I was coming off of a double (which included an overnight shift and it was not expected)

So when I got home I was so out of it that I started doing a lock check. I know what you mean. :)

Quoting cruelella2to:

OMG i can't stand volume on anything but even numbers. It annoys me that i am that way.

the only other wierd thing i do stems from work. I do "security checks" at my house in my sleep. i get up and walk around and check all windows and doors almost hourly throughout the night but i now do it in my sleep. when it first started happening i would try to fight the urge and i would lay awake untill i finished the task, now its become such a regular thing that i sleep walk and do security checks. this includes inner and outer door checks, just like i have to do at work. (prison)

Quoting amanda_mom89:

-velvet

-brand new fleece

-flour

-baby powder

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessiesluv
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:28 PM

It's not weird, but I can't eat unless I was my hands.

I can't use dish towels/rags when cleaning up counter tops.

I have to check things twice.

Wait, I think I have OCD. lol

jessiesluv
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:29 PM

I put my socks/shoes on right foot, left foot, right foot, left foot. lol

ShannaBee
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 6:32 PM

When I wash my hands I have to use four pumps of soap and four paper towels. I count it in my head as I do it.

Actually, just about anything I do in fours-four squirts of perfume, hairspray, ect.

I have a thing with odd numbers. I hate them. Even numbers make me happy.

I am a clean freak. My house gets bleached down once a week and spot cleaned daily. I vacuum every other day and sweep daily.

I color code my candy. If I'm eating skittles or m&ms or my favorite, sprees, I pour them out and seperate them in color coded piles.

Picture frames MUST be straight.

Any table decorations must be straight such as magazines.

I sing Happy Birthday when I wash my hands, lol.

I will never drink the last sip of any beverage.

I cannot sleep in socks or wear them if I don't have shoes on.

I cannot watch someone brush their teeth it makes me queasy although I can brush my own just fine.

kkkaaayyyy
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:55 PM

I can't drink the last of any drink eaither, and I don't ever wear socks.. I hate shoes so I rarely wear them.

Quoting ShannaBee:

When I wash my hands I have to use four pumps of soap and four paper towels. I count it in my head as I do it.

Actually, just about anything I do in fours-four squirts of perfume, hairspray, ect.

I have a thing with odd numbers. I hate them. Even numbers make me happy.

I am a clean freak. My house gets bleached down once a week and spot cleaned daily. I vacuum every other day and sweep daily.

I color code my candy. If I'm eating skittles or m&ms or my favorite, sprees, I pour them out and seperate them in color coded piles.

Picture frames MUST be straight.

Any table decorations must be straight such as magazines.

I sing Happy Birthday when I wash my hands, lol.

I will never drink the last sip of any beverage.

I cannot sleep in socks or wear them if I don't have shoes on.

I cannot watch someone brush their teeth it makes me queasy although I can brush my own just fine.

"One day at a time."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)