Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Sd shouldnt go anywhere til HER chores are done

Posted by   + Show Post
We all have chores. The chores list is:

I'm in charge of the kitchen, I do the dishes, sd sweep the floor, mop and take out trash, dh has clean the oven and pick up table in the kitchen. I also have clean the fridge.
Dh is in charge of living room. He picks and vacuums.
Laundry, I do dh, mine and dd and ds. And sd and sd19 does their own.
Ds room he picks up and vacuums.
Bathroom is sd job.

But sd only did half sweep and half mop then left.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:05 PM
Replies (31-39):
TempestRayne
by Donna on Oct. 6, 2012 at 6:19 PM
Quoting rebeccasmly:

Chores have to be done in order to go anywhere or do anything here. They know it and don't try to get away with it anymore. If that's the rules you and DH set for your house and DH is allowing SD to get away with it, Im sorry. There's not much you can do though.

2bkayleesmommy
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 6:22 PM
Ur the same exact age as ur step kids? And u expect them to listen to u? Lol, sorry.. If u were my "step mom" and the same age as me or even a year or 2 older.. Hell if u were 5yrs older I wouldn't listen to u. Sorry. That's the trust, esp if I was an adult as well
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ame4c
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:13 PM
Who gives their DH chores? LMAO... I know in a family eveyone has to do their bit, but to give your DH chores...I'm still laughing. The immaturity of the OP is definately showing and I dont mean that in a negitive way only that she is a young wife and has a lot to learn yet. Also, my adult kids do not have chores in my house. They are expected to act as adults though and not like slobby guests.
momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:47 PM
SM2 was the same age as my sister when my dad married her. I was 11. She was like a big sister to me and that is how she treated me. She did fun things with me and she did 'mom' type things like she cooked dinner for me and did my laundry, took me shopping but then all of a sudden one day she thought she could become MOM and all hell broke loose. My sister never respected her. Granted my sister did live in her home either. But she would try to act like a mom to my sister for the one month a year that she was a older than my sister. Yeah that marriage didn't last lol SM3 is the same age as my dad. I guess he finally figured the younger he went, the more drama there was. When I was a teen I was terrified to introduce him to my friend's just in case he might decide to make one of them my new SM. lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
annabl1970
by Gold Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:20 PM
Oh sorry. I read in one of the comments she is your age. Sorry my bad. Still make her dad do whatever she didn't finish. It's the best way to keep peace with SD and the same time get things done. Another benefit of this approach is that maybe her dad gets tired doing her chores and will make her do them herself

Quoting parisonmom:

Sd is 11

Quoting annabl1970:

You can't do anything. It's hard ( almost impossible) to be authority figure to SD, if you are the same age with her.

I would request DH to finish SD's chores.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DDDaysh
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:40 PM
Do you hear yourself? She "won"??? She's 11 and his daughter. There shouldn't be any competition between you for her to "win" at.

Quoting parisonmom:

You say? Hmmmm, well I'm not!!! Why? Because as long as sd knows she won she will keep doing what she does no matter if I'm with dh or not. So why do I need to leave?

Quoting kkkaaayyyy:

Yeah, I'd say get out of the relationship.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DDDaysh
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:46 PM
Woah, I missed that post. So OP's kids aren't there anymore,

Quoting chanizen:

You are young. The step world isn't the way you think it is. If my "step mom" was the same age as my sister.... And only 12 years older than me.... I probably wouldnt see her as an authority figure. I just wouldn't. And if she called dad to tell on me because I don't listen... I would listen to dad. Not her. Sorry.

So good luck implementing rules. It isn't going to work.

And, if I were you, I wouldn't stay. This guy isn't financially stable, you lost your kids due to the condition of the home, and his kids will not respect you.

Move in with mom and dad, get financially stable and raise your kids.

Reality, momma. You have to do better. For your kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsboomtastic
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:24 PM
1 mom liked this
His kid his call

Quoting parisonmom:

Dh

Quoting jessiesluv:

Who let her leave?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShannaBee
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 6:08 PM

I agree. No fun until chores are done. That's how it was when I was growing up. That's how you learn.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)