Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Picked the SKs up and... *UPDATE for the ones that think I am making a big deal out of nothing*

Posted by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 6:02 PM
  • 43 Replies
We picked the SKs up yesterday and BM had them dressed in shorts, tank tops, and flip-flops. Ok it was warm enough to be dressed in flip-flops and summer clothes on Friday, but she doesn't send clothes and we have to wash their clothes and send them bacck in the clothes they wore. Which isn't a problem because we have clothes to fit them and shoes etc. So, tomorrow when we send them home we have to put them back in their shorts, tank tops, and flip-flops and it is supposed to be 66 for the high tomorrow so it will be cooler than that tomorrow evening at 6 when we drop them off and breezy. My 2 kids went to spend the weekend with their grandparents and I made them wear pants because I didn't want them to freeze on sunday! How difficult is it to either dress them appropriately for this time of year as it is not summer anymore or send the proper clothes for them to wear home Sunday? Of course this doesn't surprise me because last winter she sent them in t-shirts and no coats and it 40 degrees outside!!!

End of Rant :)

***UPDATE***
Ok, if you knew her then I suppose you would understand more. So, a little background her and DH have been dealing with custody issues for 2 years. Why? Because they are not in school and their 7 y/o has untreated asthma. She is "homeschooling" yet their 8 y/o can't read on a first grade level and the 7 y/o only knows half of his letters and can't read AT ALL. Everytime we take the 7 y/o to the dr for his asthma and get him meds she refuses to give them to him because he is fine as long as he doesn't run or get excited. Furthermore, their "punishment" when they misbehave is they have to sleep in the laundry room with the dirty clothes and the cat's litter box. They have 15 minutes to eat and if they don't finish then they get in trouble. If they say they can't do their schoolwork because it is hard they go to bed without dinner. Ok, so this is yet another point against her and I was just venting because the kids started crying when they found out that they were going to be wearing our clothes instead of hers. The 7 y/o told me he HAD to wear his clothes home or he would sleep on "pissy" clothes c'mon now really get some background before you go bashing me please!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 6:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TheMomOf3-00
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 6:05 PM

Wow, I am sorry, I can feel your frustration and all, but if it is supposed to be cold on Sunday dont you think it would be best to dress the children accordingly seeing as you have the clothes to do so at your house?

Your letting petty behavior affect the children.....no?

jessiesluv
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 6:10 PM

How old are they? Maybe they are picking out their own clothes?

TempestRayne
by Donna on Oct. 6, 2012 at 6:17 PM
Quoting jessiesluv:

2_amazing_boys
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:04 PM
oh they will be dressed in weather appropriate clothing until we take them back. Problem is that we have to meet her...she doesn't want us in her yard. We will change them in the car right before we drop them off. I just find it highly ridiculous that she send them in summer clothes and it cold out. We always do what is in the best interest of the kids. I just don't understand why a mother would dress them and not have any concern at all for their health or well being.

Quoting TheMomOf3-00:

Wow, I am sorry, I can feel your frustration and all, but if it is supposed to be cold on Sunday dont you think it would be best to dress the children accordingly seeing as you have the clothes to do so at your house?

Your letting petty behavior affect the children.....no?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2_amazing_boys
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:07 PM
they are 4,5,7, & 8. Besides regardless of if they are or not she should advise them of the correct things to wear because they are CHILDREN. and the 4 year old told me that she never gets to pick out her clothes and her brothers all agreed!

Quoting jessiesluv:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsMama030912
by Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:07 PM
Their clothes !! Send them back in something appropriate. Seriously I've learned to pick my battles and clothes is not one of them. So bm didn't think about it. She's human. Maybe a space cadet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2_amazing_boys
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:13 PM
We have done this and she pitches a fit because they aren't in her clothes. Eventhough we send their clothes back with them. She pitches a fit if they come home with a scratch and calls DFCS! She may not have thought about it THIS time but I would bet money it won't be the last time she does it and expect us to send them back in the clothes they were sent in. Besides I do not put my 2 cents in to their problems I simply bite my tongue unless DH asks or we are alone. I do not talk to the woman because I simply have nothing nice to say!

Quoting MrsMama030912:

Their clothes !! Send them back in something appropriate. Seriously I've learned to pick my battles and clothes is not one of them. So bm didn't think about it. She's human. Maybe a space cadet.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShannaBee
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Maybe BM did not realize how cold it would be on Sunday? I don't check the weather every day myself. Yesterday, where I live, it was 82 degrees. Today, it was 40.

I do understand the frustration of weather appropriate clothes. That was one of my aggravations with BM in regards with SS. We would pick him up with snow on the ground and he'd have big gaping holes in his jeans. I simply stopped at a store on the way home and got him a new pair of pants. 

You are making sure they are dresed appropriatley with you, and that's about all that you can do.

E_is_4_Ethan
by Platinum Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Hmmmm

Strange thing to complain about.

feliciasmith
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:38 PM

do you live in colorado?! it was close to 80 this week then yesterday it snowed!

Quoting ShannaBee:

Maybe BM did not realize how cold it would be on Sunday? I don't check the weather every day myself. Yesterday, where I live, it was 82 degrees. Today, it was 40.

I do understand the frustration of weather appropriate clothes. That was one of my aggravations with BM in regards with SS. We would pick him up with snow on the ground and he'd have big gaping holes in his jeans. I simply stopped at a store on the way home and got him a new pair of pants. 

You are making sure they are dresed appropriatley with you, and that's about all that you can do.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured