Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

So yall think its ok to bash

Posted by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:19 PM
  • 54 Replies
Its ok to bash, no biggy but bringing past posts up in a present post is wrong.

Yes I'm a SM at 23, dh is 41 and has 6 other kids. Their ages are 22, 20, 20, 19, 16 and 11. Out of the 6 only 3 are dh bio kids. Its confusing I know. He basically adopted the other 3. He has 3 other BMs too.

22 and 20 has the same mom and different dad but dh adopt the 20 year old, 20 and 19 has the same mom different dad but dh adopted the 20 year old and 16 and 11 and again same mom different and dh adopted the 16 year old. I hope I made sense on that. So 3 BM besides me.

I don't care what ages the kids are, I didn't marry dh for that. I married him because I love him altough we have problem that can be fixed.

Some of you said to 'leave' ut I can't because of the problems with sd11 and dh. No way in hell I would leave a marriage for a fixable problem. I might get bashed ans I might get disrespected by you all but your opinions right now don't count. I do think of dd and ds everytime I argue with dh. Sometimes it is about sd11 or sd19 but we always fix it. You all just read what you want to read and not the importance of a post. Some of you are flat mean and doeant like what others writes. I vent a lot because that keeps me calm no matter how y'all see it I do vent. Do you all vent? Or do you keep.it in til you blow up? If I keep it in I tend to.have a violent rage against everybody that gets in my way. So I cone here and vent.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:38 PM
2 moms liked this
I guess I dont remember the post you are referring to. Sorry.

Only you can make a decision for your life. Don't let anyone from an Internet forum make you mad. We all come here to vent and that's ok!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sandeeyo
by Le Bonjour Chat on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:51 PM
1 mom liked this

You're welcome to vent, but when you come on a public forum, you're going to have to deal with folks commenting...good or bad.  It's not fair for you to dictate who can or can't respond or what is in their response.  That's just how it is.  vent away.  In fact, it's a free country and open forum, so you can probably tell people that disagree with you or "bash" you to fuck off as well.

ShannaBee
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:27 PM
2 moms liked this

I became a SM at 22. It was a hard and confusing time to be a new SM at such a young age and I had no kids of my own at the time. So I know how it feels to be so young and have a lot on your plate. I'm 27 now.

I've been told to leave. Certain friends and family members have told me. People online have told me. But I was too hardheaded to take that "advice." I love my DH. And we have worked through every single problem.

One thing I have learned is that when you vent, people only really see what you are venting about. They aren't seeing/hearing all the good that our DH's do...only the bad that we vent about. Try to keep that in mind. Your DH may be a wonderful and loving person and a great catch for you. But we, online, do not get to see your relationship the way you do. So, try not to take negative posts so hard.

If you want to vent privately you can always PM me.

parisonmom
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:42 PM
I'm not saying that. What I'm saying is that y'all bring up past posts on present post like the past matter. In fact it don't, I don't care what y'all think or opinions are. Stating that its a public forum but if venting gets ugly and others argue then why others vent.

Quoting sandeeyo:

You're welcome to vent, but when you come on a public forum, you're going to have to deal with folks commenting...good or bad.  It's not fair for you to dictate who can or can't respond or what is in their response.  That's just how it is.  vent away.  In fact, it's a free country and open forum, so you can probably tell people that disagree with you or "bash" you to fuck off as well.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
parisonmom
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:44 PM
I hecame a SM at 19. That's when I married dh. I knew he had kids and I am cool with it, in fact we get along good exept for the 11 year old.

Quoting ShannaBee:

I became a SM at 22. It was a hard and confusing time to be a new SM at such a young age and I had no kids of my own at the time. So I know how it feels to be so young and have a lot on your plate. I'm 27 now.

I've been told to leave. Certain friends and family members have told me. People online have told me. But I was too hardheaded to take that "advice." I love my DH. And we have worked through every single problem.

One thing I have learned is that when you vent, people only really see what you are venting about. They aren't seeing/hearing all the good that our DH's do...only the bad that we vent about. Try to keep that in mind. Your DH may be a wonderful and loving person and a great catch for you. But we, online, do not get to see your relationship the way you do. So, try not to take negative posts so hard.

If you want to vent privately you can always PM me.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsMama030912
by Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:50 PM
3 moms liked this
If no one here matters and you just need to vent why don't you get a diary ?! You need to open yourself up to criticism. You gotta get over that initial reaction to defend yourself and think about this advice your getting. Take some and leave some. I don't know your situation but you need a thick skin when you post here. But you will get good advice from certain members. Just don't get all bent out of shape. Is it really worth it???
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
newwife1
by Silver Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:55 PM
2 moms liked this

I have no idea what you mean about your husband and all these women and kids with different dads? Were these different women cheating on him and getting pregnant and then he adopted all those kids? By the younger of the sets of kids being adopted, except the youngest it's how it seems.

Sorry, but that would be a huge red flag.

parisonmom
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:03 PM
When dh met his first wife, she ran away with his dd. Whe. Dh found his dd his ex had another child so he let that child call him dad. With his other wife, she was 8 months pregnant when dh and her met, so dh adopted that child, with his other wife, she had a 7 year old child when she met dh so he adopted her too.

Its not a red flag, its life.

Quoting newwife1:

I have no idea what you mean about your husband and all these women and kids with different dads? Were these different women cheating on him and getting pregnant and then he adopted all those kids? By the younger of the sets of kids being adopted, except the youngest it's how it seems.

Sorry, but that would be a huge red flag.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
parisonmom
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:04 PM
Because dh and his kids read it. I had one and all they did was find it ans read it. So I needed to find somewhere to vent without them reading it.

Quoting MrsMama030912:

If no one here matters and you just need to vent why don't you get a diary ?! You need to open yourself up to criticism. You gotta get over that initial reaction to defend yourself and think about this advice your getting. Take some and leave some. I don't know your situation but you need a thick skin when you post here. But you will get good advice from certain members. Just don't get all bent out of shape. Is it really worth it???

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsMama030912
by Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:06 PM
Gotcha Well all I know is you probably have bigger problems with all your sk's and their bm's don't worry about drama on here
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)