Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

what do your step children call you

Posted by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:58 PM
  • 36 Replies

ive been in my stepchildrens lives for almost their whole lives.. but only almost 3 years(as daddys partner) they still get visits with ther mom. they like to call me by my name and ahve recently started calling me mom, my husband and i dont encourage this but we do not discourage it either. i quite like it because i know im not thier mom but in my opinion i am the best one they have.. teir mom isnt an active part of their lives.. unfortunately

by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MarshaLynn04
by Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:00 PM
Mom
QueenBof6
by Silver Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:00 PM
They call me Lydia.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MarshaLynn04
by Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:03 PM
They call their bio mom and me (sm) mom. When the ex and I are standing next to each other they call me stepmom to distinguish between the two of us. The same thing with my husband (bio dad) and their step dad. Both men are called dad. Everyone is fine with this arrangement and has been for years. I've been their sm for 8 years and they've had a step dad for around 5 I think.
epaolini
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:07 PM

the kids called me mom in front of of bio mom last week..and she about flipped her lid..but like isaid she is a real piece of work so ithink it just sunk in that her kids do love being around me and that i am stepping in and being a good role model for er kids,,,,

MarshaLynn04
by Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:13 PM
3 moms liked this
I'm sure I would be upset if I was divorced and my kids were calling another woman mom at first. But I would hope that I would come to the conclusion that its not about me. If my kids felt secure calling sm "mom" and she loved them, eventually I think I would be happy. I think if BM'S (and I am also a BM) felt secure in their role in their kids life, it wouldn't matter what they called sm.
Tigress22304
Princess with Ms Kara
Yesterday at 6:36 PM
by Platinum Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:25 PM
They call men kat or ss calls me girlfriend which is my nickname dh had given me from the start. They don't call me mom or mommy. They have slipped but i've never made a huge deal over it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sandeeyo
by Le Bonjour Chat on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:35 AM

The call me Sandee.  I wouldn't let them call me mom, even if they wanted to.  The title isn't worth the crap DH, I, or the kids would get from BM if they called me mom.

AmyB118
by NA Rocks on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:44 AM

They call me Amy.  When they were young they called me Ms. Amy (which I hated) but now it's just Amy and I'm fine w/that.

mamaBerg85
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:48 AM
She calls me mom but she also lives with us full time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maria1613
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:49 AM
Maria
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)