Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

what do your step children call you

Posted by   + Show Post

ive been in my stepchildrens lives for almost their whole lives.. but only almost 3 years(as daddys partner) they still get visits with ther mom. they like to call me by my name and ahve recently started calling me mom, my husband and i dont encourage this but we do not discourage it either. i quite like it because i know im not thier mom but in my opinion i am the best one they have.. teir mom isnt an active part of their lives.. unfortunately

by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:58 PM
Replies (21-30):
mrsboomtastic
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:47 AM
Mama Cole
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amanda_mom89
by Gold Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:01 PM
She's 3.

She calls me Amina, Mina, amana, mana, sometimes mama Mina/mana
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
annabl1970
by Gold Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:18 PM

By my name

Troubleswife
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:19 PM

mom

Mommyof5247
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:49 PM
They call me mom.

When talking to NCBM on the phone, they say "mom" or "other mom" when talking about me. They know both of our names. According to the kids, they have to call me by my name at BM's & they have to call their stepdad "dad" when they prefer to call him by his name.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SP_Mama
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:49 PM

He calls me by my first name. 

Mya62412
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:55 PM
They all call me mom, In front of their BM they call me by my name. How ever my 17 year old step daughter calls me by my name.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TJandKarasMom
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:00 PM
1 mom liked this

SD calls me mom, she doesn't see BM often enough anymore and BM doesn't even call, so there is no issue.  There was for a while when SD was little and called me Mama, I explained she was just learning how to talk from DS and no one told her to or whatever, BM was psycho about it though.  But since about a year and a half ago SD started calling me Mom all the time and I don't care, BM gets no say anymore.

I just PIOG about my DSs dad giving him crap for calling my DH dad, he calls DH and BF dad, no big deal here.  No one forced him to call DH dad, DH had asked that he call him something other than his first name because it bothered DH and felt disrespectful to him, we tried to help DS come up with a nickname, but he decided to just call him dad.  He sees BF EOWE for about 24 hours.  DH does all the "dad" stuff with BFs agreement since he chooses not to do anything, his visits are supposed to be longer and more frequent, he chooses not to take them.  IMO, if a parent chooses not to parent, then the kid can call anyone that does parent mom or dad.  It's just how it works here, and I'm pissed that BF made DS feel like crap when it is BFs own issues, not DSs. 

Maybe I will post my vent to this group and get some responses :)

Giver222
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:54 PM

My Step kids call me by my first name. :) But my situation is different. I think its sweet they call you Mom. xo

CKuse
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:02 PM
Most of the time "cici", but occasionally he slips and calls me mom but he's 2.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN