Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

what do your step children call you

Posted by   + Show Post

ive been in my stepchildrens lives for almost their whole lives.. but only almost 3 years(as daddys partner) they still get visits with ther mom. they like to call me by my name and ahve recently started calling me mom, my husband and i dont encourage this but we do not discourage it either. i quite like it because i know im not thier mom but in my opinion i am the best one they have.. teir mom isnt an active part of their lives.. unfortunately

by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:58 PM
Replies (31-36):
ShannaBee
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 5:57 PM

My name.

cherylam
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:50 AM

I have a SD.... and it depends if she wants money... if she doesn't want anything she calls me everything you can imaginne and then some.  Her mom & dad have been divorced for 20 years too.

KellyReedy
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:10 AM

Mine call me by my name.  I've been here since they were 18 mo and 4.  On occassion they will refer to me as mom...IF they want something.  Now, their mom's Boyfriend, now fiance has only been around a couple years.  They refer to him as their dad and call him Papa.  My sister asked why when their dad is here.  My SD10 said well, they will be getting married so he will be our dad.  Huhh.

loving2live
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:20 AM
They used to call me by my first name (and still do sometimes) but my toddler started immitating them. Now they call me mama, like my toddler, if DD2 and DS 1 are around.

They call BM mommy, and would be calling me by my first name still if my toddler didnt follow their lead... Which kinda horrified them and me, lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
boysmom5
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 7:08 AM
A whole lotta awesomeness! Kidding lol. They call me Jenny.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TempestRayne
by Donna on Oct. 9, 2012 at 7:10 AM
She calls me Donna.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN