Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WWYD-school pictures

Posted by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:44 PM
  • 43 Replies

School picture time.........The order had to be in by tomorrow, BM hasnt been replying to ANY of Js calls, texts, or e-mails about ANYTHING, so I sent her a message through fb (no we're not friends).

Me:  "Hey BM, J has been trying to reach you but hadnt been able to the past 2 weeks.  Im ordering the kids school pictures online tomorrow, is there a specific size you want?  I know your mom told J that she gets a 5x7 and a keychain every year so we put that one in the order but do you want a specific size? please let me know, i need to place the order by tomorrow at 5pm". 

BM:  "Why are you paying for MY SONS SCHOOL PICTURES?  Shouldnt J be paying for it since its not your son?  Just another way that you are trying to take my son from me.  I will order them myself what is the link?"

Me:  "Who is paying for what isnt a big deal, SS, is your and J's son, a school picture doesnt change that.  I'm ordering them together because we get a discount for siblings/families so its cheaper.  And you can only place one online order per family, we already asked them because your mom wanted to order some, thats why were getting them for her.  If you want any please let me or J know by 4pm tomorrow so we can order by 5."

BM:  "What sibling dicount? Your kid and SS arent siblings.  Quit trying to be my kids mom you arent his mom and your kid isnt his sister."

Me:  Not going to argue with you again about this subject, just let me know what pictures you want if you want any.  

BM:  Send me the link so I can order my own you dont need to order pictures of MY SON.

Im not replying again.  Im not sending her the link because you can only place one online order per family.  When I called and asked they said its a problem with the system, if we try and send more than one order it will reject it.  At this point im just going to send a couple extras along to BMs mom, and she can share what she chooses with BM.

I know BM is angry and hurt, having recently lost custody of all her kids.  But she hasnt even called SS in 3 weeks.  J has been trying to reach her for the past 2. The last time we heard from her she was mad because we wouldnt pay for her to come here to see him.  She wanted us to pay for her gas, hotel, and food.  No.  We havent heard from her since.  

This is obviously a new experience for me, what would you have done?  

by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
daddysgf
by and that's all on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:00 PM
I'd order them through the school and send her the link.
And let my SO deal with it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ktina11
by Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:04 PM
I think you did enough. Her problem is her problem. If she doesn't respond...oh well. Her loss.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aurora-Dove
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:06 PM
1 mom liked this
This. go ahead and place the order then send her the link so she can see for herself. Tell her if she answered her phone every once and a while she might know what is going on in her sons life.

Quoting daddysgf:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:08 PM
1 mom liked this
I think you are trying to be too nice. She is being a terdbag. If you feel so inclined to order an extra picture, if it were my kid, I'd like a 5x7 please. And maybe a couple wallets. :) I wouldn't respond either. She's a nut. I'd be happy for you to pay for my kids pictures if you are offering.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
daddysgf
by and that's all on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:10 PM
Not what I meant..
I meant I would order them through the school (almost always thats an option, send in a form etc. etc.).. Not through the online option and let BM have the link to order them herself if she wants them.

Quoting Aurora-Dove:

This. go ahead and place the order then send her the link so she can see for herself. Tell her if she answered her phone every once and a while she might know what is going on in her sons life.

Quoting daddysgf:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Armymom134
by Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:12 PM

Next time let your DH handle her. At this point I would order the pictures and be done with it.

This is off topic but why did she loose custody?

luckystars2012
by Gold Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:16 PM

If you order through the school you have to pay with check or money order.  If you want to pay with a card you have to go online, order, and then they give you a conf. # that you write on the form that you send in to the school.  The form goes back regardless of how you pay.  I dont have checks, dont use them, I think theyre the devil LOL.  And TBH I dont have the time, nor do I care that much for BMs drama, to drive 30 minutes into town to get a money order to pay so that she can order online.  

OTHERWISE, your idea would work lol

Quoting daddysgf:

Not what I meant..
I meant I would order them through the school (almost always thats an option, send in a form etc. etc.).. Not through the online option and let BM have the link to order them herself if she wants them.

Quoting Aurora-Dove:

Quoting daddysgf:

faerie75
by Platinum Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Same as you except I'd have stopped replying with her first bitchy reply.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
liltigersmom
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:16 PM
1 mom liked this
I think you handled it pretty well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luckystars2012
by Gold Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:21 PM

Quoting Armymom134:

Next time let your DH handle her. At this point I would order the pictures and be done with it.

This is off topic but why did she loose custody?

I usually do, but I was just trying to be nice honestly.  I thought shed wanta picture of her kid, shes not on the greatest terms with her mom, and she wasnt responding to J.

We spent 2 years fighting for J to have his joint custody enforced, after she spent 5 years refusing visitation.  She was in another state and hiding, J was in the military, long story.  Anyhow we got a new order worked out, and shortly after had SS here for a visit, and we saw some REALLY concerning things-shoes two sizes too small, SS talking about the roaches in his bed, crying because he didnt want to go back and BM was going to be mad at him for loving me and his dad and sissy (his stepsis, my dd).  J let the Guardian Ad Litem know, who paid BM a home visit shortly after SS's return to BM.  The conditions of the home were such that SS was immediately removed from the home by the GAL, social services, and police, along with BMs other son who is now with her mother.  

We had a hearing a few weeks later and got permanent custody of SS, BM has supervised visits for now and can work up to unsupervised if she meets certain conditions (like a clean home, job, etc) which so far she hasnt.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured