Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

ugh...so aggrivated at bio mom

Posted by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:33 PM
  • 38 Replies

well friday 2 hours beofre my sks are supposed to be dropped off for her visit she calls and says since they had a bad week at school(as shes assuming) im not going to take kids tonite, my dh told her that kids actually did really well. and she was like "well her bf has plans w his mom and im working till 11" can u drop them off in the morning. we do! they are supposed to be dropped back off to us tonite at 7... 659 they call my dh and states they cant get a car till 8 or after to drop them off.

seriously 1 minute before and they live about 15 minutes away. its a frigging school night when the kids r with us bed time is 730... so now we are once again goin to be the bad parents and sed them irectly to bed after getting here...wtf!

by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
whatIknownow
by Emerald Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:01 AM
1 mom liked this

Real parents are not concerned about looking like "the bad parents."

ramita
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:20 AM
I'm sorry she couldve let ur dh know sooner. If its so close couldnt y'all just go get them, and then when its her time she come get them. If she doesnt have a way then its her promblem...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShannaBee
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:32 AM
This.

Quoting ramita:

I'm sorry she couldve let ur dh know sooner. If its so close couldnt y'all just go get them, and then when its her time she come get them. If she doesnt have a way then its her promblem...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
epaolini
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:39 AM

i wish it worked that way... my dh is tired of catering to her and her failures... the court orders say we drop off on friday and they drop off on sunday...so thats what dh wants to stick with. it shouldnt be up to us to do everything for her since she lives with her bfs mom and mom is the only one with a car they need to run their lives around her schedule... crappy situation. in the past we would awlays drop off and pick up but its not our responsibility anymore

whatIknownow
by Emerald Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:40 AM

Do the kids go there every weekend?

epaolini
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:43 AM

they are supposed to.... but its only about 3 weekends a month...she acts like she cant take them or somes up with a reason why.. or if she does take them all 4 then we drop off late or pick up early most times

ramita
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:56 AM
Does court order have a specific time they have to be dropped off. If so then her keeping them longer is contempt. Also, i dunno about ur area but some areas u can 'change' something in the court order just by drawing up a document stating the changes and both parties signing it and having it notorized. To me its just easier to have the person getting the kids to pick them up...

Quoting epaolini:

i wish it worked that way... my dh is tired of catering to her and her failures... the court orders say we drop off on friday and they drop off on sunday...so thats what dh wants to stick with. it shouldnt be up to us to do everything for her since she lives with her bfs mom and mom is the only one with a car they need to run their lives around her schedule... crappy situation. in the past we would awlays drop off and pick up but its not our responsibility anymore

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
whatIknownow
by Emerald Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:24 PM

It's not contempt if she doesnt' have a car. that's not what contempt means. Contempt means deliberately violating a court order because  you dont think you have to follow it. A situation like not having a car, and having to drop the kids off an hour later, is not contempt.

Quoting ramita:

Does court order have a specific time they have to be dropped off. If so then her keeping them longer is contempt. Also, i dunno about ur area but some areas u can 'change' something in the court order just by drawing up a document stating the changes and both parties signing it and having it notorized. To me its just easier to have the person getting the kids to pick them up...

Quoting epaolini:

ramita
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:37 PM
1 mom liked this
It can be if u dont give a notice, and it happens on a regular basis. Some court orders get pretty strict about this stuff. It'll just depend on how strict the court order. Either way it doesnt seem like the dropoff/pickup is working to the best of the kids and her dh should consider getting it adjusted...

Quoting whatIknownow:

It's not contempt if she doesnt' have a car. that's not what contempt means. Contempt means deliberately violating a court order because  you dont think you have to follow it. A situation like not having a car, and having to drop the kids off an hour later, is not contempt.

Quoting ramita:

Quoting epaolini:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pdxmum
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Stop playing games with the kids or using them to justify your frustration with BM. Go get them so they get to bed on time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)