Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Child and Family Investigator

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:24 PM
  • 26 Replies

DF has decided to file for modification of paternal rights.

Judge said last time if either party does file, then he will send in a child and family investigator.

Anyone with experience?

Who will pay for this? 

by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
faerie75
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:46 PM

well if that is the same as a GAL idk about that. the one my SO got was biased and sucked. and they both had to pay for the privilige of her bias.

ProudmommyJess
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:51 PM
1 mom liked this
In SO's custody battle the court did an investigation at SO's request and because his concerns proved valid he did not have to pay. The court told him if the results proved no wrong doing then he would have had to pay. I think it may just depend on the court though. I would ask the court.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sandeeyo
by Le Bonjour Chat on Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:52 PM

What does DH want?  Is he trying for full custody or more visitation time?

When I got divorced, we had someone come over and interview me, my parents (I was living with them at the time), and other family and friends that interacted wtih me and my son.  Then the social worker checked out our house and property and looked at bedrooms, etc, and then observed my son at play at home.

Then she went and did the same thing at my ex's place.

I'm thinking unless something is majorly wrong at BM's place, that the courts won't give your DH full custody, but if he's trying for 50/50 or more visitation, it could work to your advantage to have one done.

I don't think I paid for the visit...that was courtesy of the courts (state?).

mrsboomtastic
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:57 PM

Good question, I may have to research that

mrsboomtastic
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:04 PM
He wants full but we're not expecting it, maybe 50/50.

How long did the investigation take

Quoting sandeeyo:

When I got divorced, we had someone come over and interview me, my parents (I was living with them at the time), and other family and friends that interacted wtih me and my son.  Then the social worker checked out our house and property and looked at bedrooms, etc, and then observed my son at play at home.

I'm thinking unless something is majorly wrong at BM's place, that the courts won't give your DH full custody, but if he's trying for 50/50 or more visitation, it could work to your advantage to have one done.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sandeeyo
by Le Bonjour Chat on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:09 PM

A couple hours, I think.  Not very long.  It was just nerve wracking! lol  The only reason why we had to do the family investigation thing is because my ex wanted full custody of our son.  He didn't get it.  It was all or nothing for him, he didn't even ask for 50/50.  He probably would have had a fighting chance if he'd asked for 50% time.  But he only wanted full custody because (I think) he had plans to move out-of-state (he was living in my home state with his girlfriend who is now his wife), I didn't figure that out until a few months later when they just up and moved back to Oregon.

Quoting mrsboomtastic:

Quoting sandeeyo:

mrsboomtastic
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:20 PM

That is what I am afraid of. I am afraid in one (short time to observe) BM is the best lair I have ever seen in action.

SS has 22q deletion syndrome. Three therapist and (she says) Her and he see a family therapist. BM was supposed to get DF involved per court order but she said they would not take him without insurance. So I guess shes in contempt there.

SS also missed 41 days of school last year

SS also has chronic constipation and BM eats out 2 meals a day

the list could go on forever.

Quoting sandeeyo:

A couple hours, I think.  Not very long.  It was just nerve wracking! lol  The only reason why we had to do the family investigation thing is because my ex wanted full custody of our son.  He didn't get it.  It was all or nothing for him, he didn't even ask for 50/50.  He probably would have had a fighting chance if he'd asked for 50% time.  But he only wanted full custody because (I think) he had plans to move out-of-state (he was living in my home state with his girlfriend who is now his wife), I didn't figure that out until a few months later when they just up and moved back to Oregon.

Quoting mrsboomtastic:

Quoting sandeeyo:

sandeeyo
by Le Bonjour Chat on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:28 PM

I'm gonna have t google 22q deletion syndrome.  That's a new one on me.

Good luck with court and family investigation.  Missing school that many times is a big deal!  Does BM have an excuse for him being out that many days???

Quoting mrsboomtastic:

That is what I am afraid of. I am afraid in one (short time to observe) BM is the best lair I have ever seen in action.

SS has 22q deletion syndrome. Three therapist and (she says) Her and he see a family therapist. BM was supposed to get DF involved per court order but she said they would not take him without insurance. So I guess shes in contempt there.

Quoting sandeeyo:

Quoting mrsboomtastic:

Quoting sandeeyo:

mrsboomtastic
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:34 PM

Quoting sandeeyo:

Good luck with court and family investigation.  Missing school that many times is a big deal!  Does BM have an excuse for him being out that many days???

Quoting mrsboomtastic:

Quoting sandeeyo:

Quoting mrsboomtastic:

Quoting sandeeyo:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsboomtastic
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:37 PM
Sick, usually but we've documented everything since the first Co & compared missing days for reasons like moms sick, sister doc apt, she doesn't send him on Thursday due to his ONE HOUR physical therapy apt In late afternoon! These are not valid reasons IMO

Quoting sandeeyo:

Quoting mrsboomtastic:

Quoting sandeeyo:

Quoting mrsboomtastic:

Quoting sandeeyo:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured