Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WTH... They need manners....

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:24 PM
  • 12 Replies
I hope it was a bad connection.... Skids called to talk to dh who is at work tonight. I answered the phone, " Hey Guys, Sorry Daddy is working tonight."

Click... With background noise. Not one word spoken. Sigh... Two step foward... Three steps back... Needs to change to three steps foward... One step back....

by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
macbudsmom
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:26 PM
Yes hopefully a bad connection. Hang in there.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KellyReedy
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:58 PM

this!

Quoting macbudsmom:

TigaHotty85
by Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:22 AM
1 mom liked this

It might of been a bad connection. But i'd be more inclined to say maybe it was BM calling or was near and took phone away and hung up? Because you answered and not BF? I'd have him call back at a convenant time and ask what happened. Hope it does not happen again or just not answer the phone when Skids/BM calls? Good luck =)

TempestRayne
by Donna on Oct. 9, 2012 at 7:47 AM
Quoting macbudsmom:

Refurbished
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 2:42 PM

I really hope it was a bad connection.  That would be terrible for a mother to teach her children to be rude just for her own agenda.  I'd never let my kids be rude to anyone, including their step-mom, no matter how I felt about her.  If you do find that they did hang up on you, DH really needs to sit down with them and explain that they need to treat everyone with respect and passive aggression won't be tolerated. 

luckystars2012
by Gold Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:07 AM
How old are these kids?
packermomof2
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:18 AM

Quoting Refurbished:

I really hope it was a bad connection.  That would be terrible for a mother to teach her children to be rude just for her own agenda.  I'd never let my kids be rude to anyone, including their step-mom, no matter how I felt about her.  If you do find that they did hang up on you, DH really needs to sit down with them and explain that they need to treat everyone with respect and passive aggression won't be tolerated. 

Maybe mom isn't teaching the kid anything.  My daughter called her father's cell phone once and hung up when his wife answered.  She told me she did it after the fact.  I explained phone etiquette. 

She just didn't call her father after that to save herself the hassle of being seen as rude when she called a personal cell and a person who it didn't belong to answered it knowing that it wasn't for them.  Which I find equally as rude.  Which is why I also stopped calling my ex.

kellynh
by Kelly on Oct. 10, 2012 at 6:49 AM
Quoting luckystars2012:

How old are these kids?

11, 9 and 8.

kellynh
by Kelly on Oct. 10, 2012 at 6:51 AM
Quoting packermomof2:

Just to clarify.. I answered our home phone. :)

Dh is off tonight. I won't find out until 6-7pm when the skids get home from daycare and have supper.

luckystars2012
by Gold Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 6:59 AM

Quoting kellynh:

Quoting luckystars2012:

How old are these kids?

11, 9 and 8.

More than old enough to know that acting that way is rude and unacceptable.  

Hopefully youre right, and it was a bad connection.  Otherwise these kids would find themselves banned from calling the house phone, and told to only call dad on his cell.  

Completely disrespectful, if it was intentional.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured