Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

BM is Nuts!!

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:42 AM
  • 17 Replies
2 moms liked this

This is just a rant. I already know there is nothing I can do about it :)

Ok. Long story short. 8 years ago, I tried to be nice (I have been on both sides of the fence), Thought it would make things go more smoothly with SS. DH has custody. BM flipped after a year and claims now to be "scared" of me. Whatever.

Somehow, she is nuts enough to to get disability and is allowed to be a fat lazy slob. SS (16) is also lazy and takes care of nothing. (That is between DH and SS. Out of it.) There have been issues with SS here and there when we were all actually trying to be a family, but now all is between DH and SS. Whatever.

Now, BM is having issues with her BF and was taken to hospital. She had SS only as contact and someone called the school about lunchtime. Freaked SS out. DH  went by hospital. Nothing wrong with her other than stupidity. I find out all this later when my SIL was at school waiting to pick SS up and she called me. SS rode bus home but DH tells SIL someone picked him up. By that time SS and DH are home. DH takes SS to see BM. Gone for hours! Had a conversation later with DH. BM is a hypochondriac and is boohooing to the only person who will listen, her son. It is not fair to SS at all. The boy is going to be just as mental as she is! He already is allowed to hide in his room and not follow any household rules, thanks DH and BM! Now this! Err! I just feel sorry for the boy, ya know?

Just irritated and needed to rant. Thanks for reading. Gotta get back to my mommy duties (I have a DS(16) and my beautiful gbaby(2)). Hugs :)

by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
whatIknownow
by Emerald Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:49 AM
1 mom liked this

wow. Well I hope you feel better after that rant.

kristinbugg
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:10 AM

So, you're pissed because SS had the audacity to want to see his mother, who obviously suffers from some form of mental illness, while she is in the hospital?

Tnoblin5
by Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:19 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting kristinbugg:

So, you're pissed because SS had the audacity to want to see his mother, who obviously suffers from some form of mental illness, while she is in the hospital?

Really?? Um, no. Irritated because she is emotionally abusing the boy. It is not fair to lay all her adult issues (probs with her SO) on a 16 yr old boy who has issues of his own. It's not my rodeo, I just think it's unfair to him.

kristinbugg
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:27 AM

Quoting Tnoblin5:

Quoting kristinbugg:

Really?? Um, no. Irritated because she is emotionally abusing the boy. It is not fair to lay all her adult issues (probs with her SO) on a 16 yr old boy who has issues of his own. It's not my rodeo, I just think it's unfair to him.

The relationship is between BM and SS. Talking to your 16 year old child about your personal issues isn't the best idea, but it does not constitute emotional abuse.  Sounds like you just have a problem with SS's BM, so you're projecting that onto SS.  Sad.

kellynh
by Kelly on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:57 AM
Do you feel better? It just seems to me, the reason for your post wasn't to just vent. It seems like you wanted to get the group rolling calling her a " fat, lazy, slob". Seems like you wanted to stay angry enough so that there will be a ton of posts here for you to respond to, and keep the drama.

You said, " between ss and dh, out of it". If you are indeed out of it, stop letting anything to do with ss occupy so much space in your head.
kellynh
by Kelly on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:59 AM
For instance, instead of " fat, lazy, slob" you could have said, " I am extremely frustrated and conflicted on my feelings about x,y,z.
newstepmom61811
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:03 AM
3 moms liked this

This response is ridiculous...what kind of a control freak do you have to be to crawl into someone's head in response to a rant and say..."you should have said"... honestly, you want someone coming at you with the words that should be coming out of your mouth?

OP...hope you got it off your chest...watching from the sidelines as a SP can be frustrating at times and there are limited places to take it...what do you do? beat your DH? beat the family pet? NO, vent away...scream into a pillow, IDK...hope it's off your chest...move on...

"Quoting kellynh:

For instance, instead of " fat, lazy, slob" you could have said, " I am extremely frustrated and conflicted on my feelings about x,y,z.

kellynh
by Kelly on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:16 AM
Quoting newstepmom61811:

I have absolutely no problem with your response. I just personally don't feel calling anyone ( BM, DH, skids, bios, any member of the human race) Fata lazy slob is productive. You have you own opinion. I'm okay with that.

whatIknownow
by Emerald Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:22 AM

Quoting kellynh:

Quoting newstepmom61811:

I have absolutely no problem with your response. I just personally don't feel calling anyone ( BM, DH, skids, bios, any member of the human race) Fata lazy slob is productive. You have you own opinion. I'm okay with that.

I agree it's counterproductive and destructve to her own situation, but the OP didn't ask for advice. not everyone wants to improve their own sitch. Some people enjoy their dysfunction.

newstepmom61811
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:27 AM

But you know what, she wasn't felling conflicted kelly, not in that moment, she felt the woman was a fat lazy slob in her moment of frustration, she's human, came here, let it out, and moved on. It's not like she shouted her thoughts in her SKs face...she didn't call anyone fat or lazy to their face, she vented to an anonymous place and let it out...it's called being human...what is presumptuous behavior is telling someones else what to think or say, not knowing them...

Quoting kellynh:

Quoting newstepmom61811:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN