Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Today will be weird. **Update on reply 12** Update again with results

Posted by   + Show Post

SS (12) has a biopsy of his small intestine today. BM can not come, as she has to work. DH decided this morning that he MAY take off to come, but hasn't decided for sure yet. Yesterday, when BM dropped SS off, she informed me that her boyfriend will be joining me at the hospital for this procedure. It will be incredibly weird.

DH & I have met bf only a dozen or so times (on a talking level, we've seen him many times), he sees SS only on weekends, and not all that much on the weekends - BM & SS stay with her family on weekends because bf's house isn't suitable for SS to stay in. So, he KNOWS SS, but he doesn't KNOOOOOW SS. Does that make sense? And I don't know him. They've been together a few years, but it still feels like it's going to be super akward.

I had to have authorization signed by DH to give me permission to take SS to appointments, and this children's hospital checked to make sure I had authorization at SS's PCP. So, I don't think mom's boyfriend is going to get to go back with SS until he falls asleep & when he wakes up, and I have a feeling this is going to cause issues with BM.

So, be thinking of us!

BTW, the biopsy is to rule out/diagnose celiac disease.

My actions do not just affect my life, but also the lives of those that depend on me. Therefore, I choose to make good decisions, ones that will have a positive impact on the lives I've been given to raise up.

by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 8:57 AM
Replies (21-29):
momofmany86
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Our doctor's office has forms that DH had to fill out and have notarized. I would have DH ask your SK's doctor's office if they have that kind of paperwork.

Quoting Jillrose128:

Hope the biopsy comes back ok! I think it's awesome that you were there for the little guy. Just wondering how you got the authorization from your DH for medical apps and such? Did you write something and just have it notarized or did you file something through the courts? I am in a situation that a document like that would be beneficial. Thanks!

My actions do not just affect my life, but also the lives of those that depend on me. Therefore, I choose to make good decisions, ones that will have a positive impact on the lives I've been given to raise up.

momofmany86
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:25 PM

The results were negative, and we were recommended to be on a gluten free diet. -- I meant to update this a few weeks ago, but my internet hasn't worked properly.

packermomof2
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:32 PM

Quoting momofmany86:

I'm married to a parent, making me a stepparent. Boyfriend is ONLY boyfriend, not stepdad. If he would have been stepdad, they probably would have let him back.

Also, I'm the one that has been there during doctor's appointments, and they know me.

SP isn't "parent"... I would keep any SM out of situations like that  Being married to a parent makes one a SP, but doesn't mean anything when it comes to serious situations.  Being a SP is like being a GF/BF where the kids are concerned, you just get a pretty ring and a piece of paper that makes you a spouse.

TempestRayne
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:36 PM
Glad things are working out.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SammyJK
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:39 PM
Glad it all worked out. I hope bm cooperates with the diet even tho tests were negative.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Charli627
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:50 PM

Glad things are better

GlockMom
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:01 PM
This is super weird. It's super weird neither BP cares enough about their child during his procedure to plan to be there. I think it's just as odd of you handling it solo as it is for BM BF to go in her place.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofmany86
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:51 PM

No, SP isn't parent. But SP is legally bound to the child's parent, while just a boyfriend or girlfriend isn't. I get where you're coming from, but I also get where the hospital comes from allowing a CSP before a NCgf/bf, to be there for a child. Now, if it was only the bf/gf there, that would be different. They even said that if one of the gp's would have came, they would have only allowed parents. I specifically asked - CAN I BE IN THE ROOM, EVEN IF BM & BD ARE BOTH THERE (this was when they told me 3 people could be in the room with him, before the appointment), and they said yes, they wouldn't allow aunts, uncles, grands, etc. in. People with whom they reside, and are 'parents' to them, are allowed in.

Quoting packermomof2:

Quoting momofmany86:

I'm married to a parent, making me a stepparent. Boyfriend is ONLY boyfriend, not stepdad. If he would have been stepdad, they probably would have let him back.

Also, I'm the one that has been there during doctor's appointments, and they know me.

SP isn't "parent"... I would keep any SM out of situations like that  Being married to a parent makes one a SP, but doesn't mean anything when it comes to serious situations.  Being a SP is like being a GF/BF where the kids are concerned, you just get a pretty ring and a piece of paper that makes you a spouse.

momofmany86
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:58 PM

DH has never been big on being there for medical things. He did go to this, but has only been to a few appointments for any of the kids (we have five total). And I think it is odd that she wasn't very concerned.

I am very glad to say that she has stuck to his diet, though. We've been gluten free going on a month now. BM & her bf aren't gluten free, but do buy him gluten free foods on the weekends. Our whole house (7 people) is gluten free. We are giving everyone except our 20 month old the choice to eat gluten on Thanksgiving; she gets really bad diaper rashes if she eats gluten.

Quoting GlockMom:

This is super weird. It's super weird neither BP cares enough about their child during his procedure to plan to be there. I think it's just as odd of you handling it solo as it is for BM BF to go in her place.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN