Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ridiculousness

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 12:00 AM
  • 80 Replies
2 moms liked this

Before a few days ago, I hadn't been on here in almost two months.  My life has been peaceful, shit has been good, and obviously, I haven't had much to talk about if I haven't been here.

Suddenly, because I make a post about taking initiative in house shit is done around my house, I have a terrible life and I'm making myself miserable because I'm making mistakes in my step life and now my step son is going to hate me and I'm not allowing SO to be a father.

What a bunch of bullshit. 

As far as I can tell, this group is seriously full of bitter step mothers or women who AREN'T EVEN STEP MOTHERS that try to take their aggression and frustration out on other women by making judgements and assumptions based on one or two things they read.  Just because you SUPPOSEDLY have a happy step family (I'm laughing) doesn't mean you know anything!  The truth is, those of you trying to act Holier Than Thou and like you know everything are probably just controlling ass hats that have step children that secretly hate you, or you're just bitter step children yourselves, or- you're just bitter ex-wives that can't handle that their children have another woman figure in their lives and you're not a step parent at all.

The fact of the matter is, you don't know anything.  Instead of acting like know-it-all jerks, why don't you try being human?  Why don't you try toning down your superior attitudes and get over yourselves for five seconds to actually READ instead of going on and on about how you think (YES, THINK! not KNOW!) some step kid is going to hate their step mother because she is just SO MEAN for wanting to have her home and rules respected?

If someone doesn't ask for advice, don't give it.  Not all of us want your opinion, especially if you're just an asshole about it.

Some of us come here just to vent about something that happened and is being settled.  Have you ever heard the saying, "Shut your mouth and just listen?"  

NONE of you are experts.  N-O-N-E.  So until you can show me your PhD in Awesome Step Mothering, stop acting like what you say is proven and the truth.  

by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SammyJK
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 12:17 AM
1 mom liked this
Well...dont hold back...tell us how you really feel....
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
soonergirl980
by Gold Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 12:21 AM
1 mom liked this

If you don't want comments on your life don't post in a public forum.

SammyJK
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 12:23 AM
1 mom liked this
Thats a thought
Emyles
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 12:47 AM
1 mom liked this
She said she did not ask for comments; that she was just venting. So if she did not ask a question, what is the point of commenting on her post. Public forum or not you all know some ladies on here are just rude for no reason; and they REALLY do not know if a (s)child will hate the mom or not .
All children are different and every child needs structure and stability. So if a mom does not as a question or for advice; just don't leave RUDE/HATEFUL comments. IMO: The way things are said and presented makes a big difference.
MommySabs
by Gold Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 1:21 AM
1 mom liked this
When the same person continuously has nothing but negative posts and replies, personally that colors how I will respond to them.
Venting or not if you post in public expecting everyone to agree with you, you may want to rethink posting in public. Perhaps opening your mind and realizing that there may be another way to look at the situation that could improve it could be helpful.

Quoting Emyles:

She said she did not ask for comments; that she was just venting. So if she did not ask a question, what is the point of commenting on her post. Public forum or not you all know some ladies on here are just rude for no reason; and they REALLY do not know if a (s)child will hate the mom or not .

All children are different and every child needs structure and stability. So if a mom does not as a question or for advice; just don't leave RUDE/HATEFUL comments. IMO: The way things are said and presented makes a big difference.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
soonergirl980
by Gold Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 1:35 AM
1 mom liked this

When you post on a PUBLIC forum then people are going to post whatever the heck they want to comment on period. Don't want it commented on then don't post.. Start a little private group with only people that will tell you what you want to hear if thats you want.

Also if a paticular poster gets certain comments post after post it might possibly be for a reason. After a certain amount of posts get a majority of posts saying the same thing it might possibly be THE POSTER not the the people replying that is the problem.

Quoting Emyles:

Emyles
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 3:11 AM
True, people can post what they want in public but respectfulness is a true virtue. So again if a mom doesn't ask for advice and you decide to post one be respectful because I'm sure you would want the same in return (generally speaking towards everyone).

Not just on this post but on a lot of post... Misery loves company and sometimes it shows! We do post comments to look at the other side of stituations that the Poster might not see. Just like saying because something (actions, new rule, etc.) Did not work for you it does not mean it Won't work for the Poster. A condom is suppose to be 99.99% effective, so that 1% still gets pregnant. Ijs (I'm just saying) the Poster might be that 1%! That's just looking at another side of the situation.
Yes the Poster might have the problem but calling them stupid etc. Won't fix their problem. How things are said to people makes a difference! Especially if you think the Poster is "stupid" or has a problem.
AtillaTheHun
by facta, non verba on Nov. 12, 2012 at 3:22 AM
1 mom liked this

I understand what you are saying. And I agree that quite a few moms here think they know it all. On the other hand, I tend to agree with what some of the other ladies already said. This is a public forum. You have to understand that you will not just get the replies you want (the understanding, encouraging ones) but also the ones, who will tell you what you are doing wrong, how much better they would handle the situation, blah blah blah. You know the drill. Don´t take their shit personal. They don´t know everything about your situation. Most of those, who claim to be perfect in everything are the ones who bring their wishful thinking on paper (or in this case on screen). If it helps them to sleep better at night because they let you have it, so be it. At the end of the day, only you know what is really going on. And now... SMILE :) 

chanizen
by Platinum Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 6:04 AM
Quoting Emyles:

what is the point of this "just venting". You post, you get responses. This is a forum. People respond in forums. If it were a blog, that would be more understandable as it is more personal and people would be seeking out your blog to hear your story. And yet, most blogs allow for comments. She still may get dissenters.

If you want to vent and write it out and have no responses.... That is called a diary. You can even use a notebook. They cost about $1.50

I often think people get confused between online forum and personal diary.
Quinn525
by Bronze Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 6:29 AM
Find a private supportive step group if that's what you need. Even if people disagree they are respectful. This group, I'm afraid, often shows the nastiness of women out there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured