Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Before a few days ago, I hadn't been on here in almost two months.  My life has been peaceful, shit has been good, and obviously, I haven't had much to talk about if I haven't been here.

Suddenly, because I make a post about taking initiative in house shit is done around my house, I have a terrible life and I'm making myself miserable because I'm making mistakes in my step life and now my step son is going to hate me and I'm not allowing SO to be a father.

What a bunch of bullshit. 

As far as I can tell, this group is seriously full of bitter step mothers or women who AREN'T EVEN STEP MOTHERS that try to take their aggression and frustration out on other women by making judgements and assumptions based on one or two things they read.  Just because you SUPPOSEDLY have a happy step family (I'm laughing) doesn't mean you know anything!  The truth is, those of you trying to act Holier Than Thou and like you know everything are probably just controlling ass hats that have step children that secretly hate you, or you're just bitter step children yourselves, or- you're just bitter ex-wives that can't handle that their children have another woman figure in their lives and you're not a step parent at all.

The fact of the matter is, you don't know anything.  Instead of acting like know-it-all jerks, why don't you try being human?  Why don't you try toning down your superior attitudes and get over yourselves for five seconds to actually READ instead of going on and on about how you think (YES, THINK! not KNOW!) some step kid is going to hate their step mother because she is just SO MEAN for wanting to have her home and rules respected?

If someone doesn't ask for advice, don't give it.  Not all of us want your opinion, especially if you're just an asshole about it.

Some of us come here just to vent about something that happened and is being settled.  Have you ever heard the saying, "Shut your mouth and just listen?"  

NONE of you are experts.  N-O-N-E.  So until you can show me your PhD in Awesome Step Mothering, stop acting like what you say is proven and the truth.  

by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (11-20):
baparrot2
by Platinum Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 6:35 AM

This may or may not be true but I have always found it to be true. when a whole bunch of people are telling me the same thing, it usually means they can see something I just cant at the moment.

You have alot of people telling you the same thing in your other post and now you have the majority of the people telling you the same thing in this post. When are YOU going to look in the mirror?

And please, dont act like you barely post just because it has been 2 months or whatever. You have been a very active member here and in another little group. It's the same story every post. "the boy leaves my door open and the bunnies get out" blah blah blah. Whether you realize it or not, all your posts have the same theme. I hate my SS. I cant deal with kid shit. I am frustrated as hell. What should I do.

whatIknownow
by Ruby Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 7:14 AM
1 mom liked this

Your initiative was to block the SS8 from getting presents anymore because he took his knife to his mother's house, spent his birthday money while he was with her, and forgot to put your games back in their cases. Your initiative was to override the father on a major parenting decision.

go ahead and block all presents. make sure he gets no more birthday or christmas presents from his father. See how that pans out. Let us know how that goes. I need a good laugh now that birdofpreylady is gone.

whatIknownow
by Ruby Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 7:17 AM

that's funny because you aren't even a step mother. You're the live-in girlfriend.

I am actually a stepmother. Custodial at that.

hmmm.

Quoting ManicAttack:

As far as I can tell, this group is seriously full of bitter step mothers or women who AREN'T EVEN STEP MOTHERS 

baparrot2
by Platinum Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 7:17 AM

Quoting whatIknownow:

Your initiative was to block the SS8 from getting presents anymore because he took his knife to his mother's house, spent his birthday money while he was with her, and forgot to put your games back in their cases. Your initiative was to override the father on a major parenting decision.

go ahead and block all presents. make sure he gets no more birthday or christmas presents from his father. See how that pans out. Let us know how that goes. I need a good laugh now that birdofpreylady is gone.

Now she will call you illiterate a bazillion times because that's not what she wrote! Cant you read?!!!!!!LOL!

WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 7:27 AM

Who isn't a SM?

tiredmama42
by Silver Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 7:56 AM

I must have missed something.  But posts like this seem to invite the drama.   Not everyone is going to give the same opinion or advice.  Take what you can use and leave the rest without the childish name calling.

FloridaMomma
by Silver Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 8:46 AM
Chan, you said exactly what I said. (I have no idea where my post went, though.) But, I was thinking the same thing. If you want to vent & get no feedback, then buy a blank journal for $6 at Books A Million & have at it.

Quoting chanizen:

Quoting Emyles:

She said she did not ask for comments; that she was just venting. So if she did not ask a question, what is the point of commenting on her post. Public forum or not you all know some ladies on here are just rude for no reason; and they REALLY do not know if a (s)child will hate the mom or not .

All children are different and every child needs structure and stability. So if a mom does not as a question or for advice; just don't leave RUDE/HATEFUL comments. IMO: The way things are said and presented makes a big difference.

what is the point of this "just venting". You post, you get responses. This is a forum. People respond in forums. If it were a blog, that would be more understandable as it is more personal and people would be seeking out your blog to hear your story. And yet, most blogs allow for comments. She still may get dissenters.

If you want to vent and write it out and have no responses.... That is called a diary. You can even use a notebook. They cost about $1.50

I often think people get confused between online forum and personal diary.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
liltigersmom
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 9:14 AM
I didn't read your last post.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
chasinrainbows
by Silver Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 10:30 AM
1 mom liked this
Idk but I immediately thought of the show when I read the title to this post! Lmao
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AmyB118
by NA Rocks on Nov. 12, 2012 at 10:40 AM
[quote name="chasinrainbows" id="0"]Idk but I immediately thought of the show when I read the title to this post! Lmao[/quote

]good at least I wasn't the only one!! I love Rob Dyrdek!!

On the other hand....I find this post a little nutty. How does one determine how bitter someone is?! Oh I know.....read posts that are similar to OP!! Gotcha
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured