Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Before a few days ago, I hadn't been on here in almost two months.  My life has been peaceful, shit has been good, and obviously, I haven't had much to talk about if I haven't been here.

Suddenly, because I make a post about taking initiative in house shit is done around my house, I have a terrible life and I'm making myself miserable because I'm making mistakes in my step life and now my step son is going to hate me and I'm not allowing SO to be a father.

What a bunch of bullshit. 

As far as I can tell, this group is seriously full of bitter step mothers or women who AREN'T EVEN STEP MOTHERS that try to take their aggression and frustration out on other women by making judgements and assumptions based on one or two things they read.  Just because you SUPPOSEDLY have a happy step family (I'm laughing) doesn't mean you know anything!  The truth is, those of you trying to act Holier Than Thou and like you know everything are probably just controlling ass hats that have step children that secretly hate you, or you're just bitter step children yourselves, or- you're just bitter ex-wives that can't handle that their children have another woman figure in their lives and you're not a step parent at all.

The fact of the matter is, you don't know anything.  Instead of acting like know-it-all jerks, why don't you try being human?  Why don't you try toning down your superior attitudes and get over yourselves for five seconds to actually READ instead of going on and on about how you think (YES, THINK! not KNOW!) some step kid is going to hate their step mother because she is just SO MEAN for wanting to have her home and rules respected?

If someone doesn't ask for advice, don't give it.  Not all of us want your opinion, especially if you're just an asshole about it.

Some of us come here just to vent about something that happened and is being settled.  Have you ever heard the saying, "Shut your mouth and just listen?"  

NONE of you are experts.  N-O-N-E.  So until you can show me your PhD in Awesome Step Mothering, stop acting like what you say is proven and the truth.  

by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (31-40):
newstepmom61811
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 1:25 PM
Wasn't even talking to you Amy but if you feel it reflects on you, examine that. Being a raving bitch is a choice, some here revel in it...some here theis weekend came truly unhinged...it was impressive the personal attacks on some ladies here. I haven't even seen that kind of crap between my SD an her middle school enemies. If you want to align yourself with that go right ahead...

Quoting AmyB118:

Quoting newstepmom61811:

Oh. I get it. Only certain people are allowed to have a little fun. Present company excluded. So....we can't giggle over stupid old posts....we can't "bully" unless of course we are defending ourselves and then it's not bullying its defending (but only for a select few)....we can't call attention to the shitty things said about us were just supposed to "ignore".... We can't post in a vent thread and we don't give constructive advice.

Why not post a list of do's and don'ts that you want us to follow and make sure you reference those that need to follow it.

So....since no one hijacked a "real" post we are all still bad bad bad girls?! Gimme a break!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
baparrot2
by Platinum Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 1:26 PM

Quoting AmyB118:

Quoting newstepmom61811:

Oh. I get it. Only certain people are allowed to have a little fun. Present company excluded. So....we can't giggle over stupid old posts....we can't "bully" unless of course we are defending ourselves and then it's not bullying its defending (but only for a select few)....we can't call attention to the shitty things said about us were just supposed to "ignore".... We can't post in a vent thread and we don't give constructive advice.

Why not post a list of do's and don'ts that you want us to follow and make sure you reference those that need to follow it.

So....since no one hijacked a "real" post we are all still bad bad bad girls?! Gimme a break!

And Hawk just deleted the crazy bubbles dedicated to a few in here too. It's like fucking Watergate around here. What were they afraid of? How crazy they really looked?

baparrot2
by Platinum Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 1:28 PM

Yeah New, because it is completely acceptable to be a raving, stalking, crazy, wolfpack frenzied group in here and to make FB pages about people in here. Stay out of it. Really has nothing to do with you. Unless.....does it?

Quoting newstepmom61811:

Wasn't even talking to you Amy but if you feel it reflects on you, examine that. Being a raving bitch is a choice, some here revel in it...some here theis weekend came truly unhinged...it was impressive the personal attacks on some ladies here. I haven't even seen that kind of crap between my SD an her middle school enemies. If you want to align yourself with that go right ahead...

Quoting AmyB118:

Quoting newstepmom61811:

AmyB118
by NA Rocks on Nov. 12, 2012 at 1:31 PM

Nope - didn't feel like it reflected on me, but I did ressurect an old post.....Gee, I was personally attacked on  a thread that was deleted and I didn't even do anything but answer a post - and not in a shitty way....

The shit gets old....get tired of people thinking that it bothers me to be called an addict or asked if I've been to any good meetings lately as a dig when they spout sweetness and light....

I am not aligned w/anyone.  I do have friends here and I have defended them when I felt they were right and not so much when I've felt they were wrong.

It just seems odd that most don't care that the "trolls" that hide behind alters and random screen names are justified in stirring the pot and NOT considered bullies.  But when one attempts to defend themselves they ARE considred bullying.  You can only wack a dog so many times before it starts to bite you.

Quoting newstepmom61811:

Quoting AmyB118:

Quoting newstepmom61811:

AmyB118
by NA Rocks on Nov. 12, 2012 at 1:36 PM

And to be fair - the only Zombie posts that appeared were Hawks....you cannot honestly believe that anything she says holds any water.  She actually came here to start crap and no one really even bit - we actually pulled her old shit up, showed the newbies what a tool she can be and had fun on her page....Oh and lil went on some random bumping spree....for no reason....so, we all decided that since she was having fun bumping, so did we.

I had a blast Friday night w/E and liltiger and sandyeeo....no REAL posts were abused and some excellent advice was given to some new ladies on other threads....

Quoting newstepmom61811:

Quoting AmyB118:

Quoting newstepmom61811:

newstepmom61811
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 1:42 PM
It's like I told Parrot...when a shit stirrer comes, if your down in the filigree with 'me blow for blow, you end up no better...you're just gonna get as dirty down in the gutter. They have a right to be here, and there is a contingen of ladies her rejoices gang up and try to run them off, this is the same group who try not just to offer advice but to browbeat and force other women to take there advice. Advice is a gift, freely given by the giver, and the receiver chooses to take it, THEY don't have to. I don't have a problem with these shot stirrers...I leave them alone, their sinking or swimming in life doesn't impact mine. The ladies ganging u p to run them off, they ARE BULLIES, by definition, own it at least. Trying by intimidation and hostility to control others or run them off if you can't, that is bullying and we know who those ladies are here by name...

Quoting AmyB118:

Nope - didn't feel like it reflected on me, but I did ressurect an old post.....Gee, I was personally attacked on  a thread that was deleted and I didn't even do anything but answer a post - and not in a shitty way....

The shit gets old....get tired of people thinking that it bothers me to be called an addict or asked if I've been to any good meetings lately as a dig when they spout sweetness and light....

I am not aligned w/anyone.  I do have friends here and I have defended them when I felt they were right and not so much when I've felt they were wrong.

It just seems odd that most don't care that the "trolls" that hide behind alters and random screen names are justified in stirring the pot and NOT considered bullies.  But when one attempts to defend themselves they ARE considred bullying.  You can only wack a dog so many times before it starts to bite you.

Quoting newstepmom61811:

Quoting AmyB118:

Quoting newstepmom61811:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ManicAttack
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 1:48 PM

I don't come here to brag about how great my life is.  That's not why I joined this site.  I do not make a bunch of negative posts NOR do I reply negatively to anyone else.  I don't know why you say that, because I am CONSTRUCTIVE in my replies to other women, I'm not a complete know-it-all bitch like some of these women are.  

There are ways to voice your opinion without sounding superior- and some people in here need to take lessons on how to do so.  It's a lot easier to receive advice from people you are on the same level with.  It's ridiculous that my SO and his entire family support my role in SS's life and how I handle things, but perfect strangers on here think they know EVERYTHING and comment on how wrong I am and how my SS feels about me.  

Quoting MommySabs:

When the same person continuously has nothing but negative posts and replies, personally that colors how I will respond to them.
Venting or not if you post in public expecting everyone to agree with you, you may want to rethink posting in public. Perhaps opening your mind and realizing that there may be another way to look at the situation that could improve it could be helpful.

Quoting Emyles:

She said she did not ask for comments; that she was just venting. So if she did not ask a question, what is the point of commenting on her post. Public forum or not you all know some ladies on here are just rude for no reason; and they REALLY do not know if a (s)child will hate the mom or not .

All children are different and every child needs structure and stability. So if a mom does not as a question or for advice; just don't leave RUDE/HATEFUL comments. IMO: The way things are said and presented makes a big difference.

TempestRayne
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 1:49 PM

Quoting SammyJK:

Well...dont hold back...tell us how you really feel....

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ManicAttack
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 1:56 PM

It's really not even that- I don't want support.  I just wish some of these women would stop acting like they are the smartest people in the world.  They are jerks to newcomers, and instead of explaining in a non-hostile way, they are nasty.  They use sarcasm and what they believe is wittiness, but in reality, they just sound like bitches.  You can be honest and not be a bitch.  It IS possible.  They claim to want to give advice and be helpful, but really, they're just looking for drama to add to their probably very boring lives.

Quoting Quinn525:

Find a private supportive step group if that's what you need. Even if people disagree they are respectful. This group, I'm afraid, often shows the nastiness of women out there.

ManicAttack
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 2:01 PM

Again, I'm going to point out how you obviously did not read my post whatsoever.  I never said ONCE that I want to block SS9 (first point that you don't read) from getting presents.  I want  their to be consequences for breaking rules.  I achieved that.  He came home, SO and I talked to him, and he is grounded for two weeks from movies and games.  

It had nothing to do with overriding SO's parenting decision.  He came to me right after picking SS up from school, and started talking to me about how SS has been breaking rules and lying.  He said he talked to SS, told him he was disappointed, but didn't know how to get through to SS that he CANNOT lie and break rules.  So when I saw that he broke one of MY OWN rules, I went to SO, told him I was upset, said there are going to be consequences, and SO agreed.  He broke rules, now he gets punished.  

I don't know where the hell you got that I don't want him to get presents.  We obviously get him presents, and like doing so.  So you're very wrong in your assumption.

Quoting whatIknownow:

Your initiative was to block the SS8 from getting presents anymore because he took his knife to his mother's house, spent his birthday money while he was with her, and forgot to put your games back in their cases. Your initiative was to override the father on a major parenting decision.

go ahead and block all presents. make sure he gets no more birthday or christmas presents from his father. See how that pans out. Let us know how that goes. I need a good laugh now that birdofpreylady is gone.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN