Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Before a few days ago, I hadn't been on here in almost two months.  My life has been peaceful, shit has been good, and obviously, I haven't had much to talk about if I haven't been here.

Suddenly, because I make a post about taking initiative in house shit is done around my house, I have a terrible life and I'm making myself miserable because I'm making mistakes in my step life and now my step son is going to hate me and I'm not allowing SO to be a father.

What a bunch of bullshit. 

As far as I can tell, this group is seriously full of bitter step mothers or women who AREN'T EVEN STEP MOTHERS that try to take their aggression and frustration out on other women by making judgements and assumptions based on one or two things they read.  Just because you SUPPOSEDLY have a happy step family (I'm laughing) doesn't mean you know anything!  The truth is, those of you trying to act Holier Than Thou and like you know everything are probably just controlling ass hats that have step children that secretly hate you, or you're just bitter step children yourselves, or- you're just bitter ex-wives that can't handle that their children have another woman figure in their lives and you're not a step parent at all.

The fact of the matter is, you don't know anything.  Instead of acting like know-it-all jerks, why don't you try being human?  Why don't you try toning down your superior attitudes and get over yourselves for five seconds to actually READ instead of going on and on about how you think (YES, THINK! not KNOW!) some step kid is going to hate their step mother because she is just SO MEAN for wanting to have her home and rules respected?

If someone doesn't ask for advice, don't give it.  Not all of us want your opinion, especially if you're just an asshole about it.

Some of us come here just to vent about something that happened and is being settled.  Have you ever heard the saying, "Shut your mouth and just listen?"  

NONE of you are experts.  N-O-N-E.  So until you can show me your PhD in Awesome Step Mothering, stop acting like what you say is proven and the truth.  

by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (41-50):
ManicAttack
by Silver Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 2:02 PM

Packer is NOT a SM.

Quoting WifeyC:

Who isn't a SM?

ManicAttack
by Silver Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 2:04 PM

I'm not a goof, thanks very much.  I was actually very active and helpful in here for a while, but my life got busy the last few months so I haven't been on.  

What's with people being so judgemental of people that don't spend day in, day out on here?

Quoting liltigersmom:

What's up with all the goofs making random posts?

whatIknownow
by Emerald Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 2:04 PM

Your exact words were:

If we have to start over thinking gifts just because we can't trust him, SS isn't getting ANYTHING from now on.  Poor him.  Too bad, so fucking sad.

Quoting ManicAttack:

Again, I'm going to point out how you obviously did not read my post whatsoever.  I never said ONCE that I want to block SS9 (first point that you don't read) from getting presents.  I want  their to be consequences for breaking rules.  I achieved that.  He came home, SO and I talked to him, and he is grounded for two weeks from movies and games.  

It had nothing to do with overriding SO's parenting decision.  He came to me right after picking SS up from school, and started talking to me about how SS has been breaking rules and lying.  He said he talked to SS, told him he was disappointed, but didn't know how to get through to SS that he CANNOT lie and break rules.  So when I saw that he broke one of MY OWN rules, I went to SO, told him I was upset, said there are going to be consequences, and SO agreed.  He broke rules, now he gets punished.  

I don't know where the hell you got that I don't want him to get presents.  We obviously get him presents, and like doing so.  So you're very wrong in your assumption.

ManicAttack
by Silver Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 2:08 PM

Thank you- took the words out of my mouth. Because this is exactly how I feel.  I'm appalled by the immaturity and high school nastiness that comes out of these "women's" mouths.  They talk about being such great parents, but they can't even act like adults towards other adults.  I know a lot of trolls come in here and a lot of very naive new SM-types make posts that really stir the room up, but I have never been one of them, but of course, because I'm not loving and kissing and telling a 9 year old he can do whatever he wants and never be punished, I'm a horrible person.  Ugh.  disgusting.

Quoting newstepmom61811:

Yeah, this weekend was impressive ladies, I hope you're proud when you look in the mirror. You ladies know who you are. Your what , next big decade birthdays, and you know who you are are 50 and 60, and really you spent HOURS dredging up posts from last year this weekend trying to bully some ladies here out of the clubhouse because they say stuff you don't agree with or live differently than you do, or live to a standard in your perfect judgement isn't good enough...really, your mentality is frozen at an emotional IQ of 12 and I'm quite frankly disgusted that the admins let that level of bullying go on on this site this weekend. My SDs Middle school expects better out of 12 year olds. My 12 year old I'm glad to say shows more grace...

Quoting liltigersmom:

Manic came back, hawk came back, lucky jumps in on wikn, because it would look too obvious if lilang did.

ManicAttack
by Silver Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 2:10 PM

Wow, way to take shit out of context!  You and Parrot were attempting to rile me up to say I AM THE ONE MAKING MISTAKES WITH GIFTS.  So yeah, I said if I have to start overthinking gifts because we can't trust him, then he won't get anything.  It was a retort, not what I want to do.  

God, you are a piece of work.  We attempt to trust and teach a child how to be responsible and we get bashed.  RIDICULOUSNESS, as I said.

Quoting whatIknownow:

Your exact words were:

If we have to start over thinking gifts just because we can't trust him, SS isn't getting ANYTHING from now on.  Poor him.  Too bad, so fucking sad.

Quoting ManicAttack:

Again, I'm going to point out how you obviously did not read my post whatsoever.  I never said ONCE that I want to block SS9 (first point that you don't read) from getting presents.  I want  their to be consequences for breaking rules.  I achieved that.  He came home, SO and I talked to him, and he is grounded for two weeks from movies and games.  

It had nothing to do with overriding SO's parenting decision.  He came to me right after picking SS up from school, and started talking to me about how SS has been breaking rules and lying.  He said he talked to SS, told him he was disappointed, but didn't know how to get through to SS that he CANNOT lie and break rules.  So when I saw that he broke one of MY OWN rules, I went to SO, told him I was upset, said there are going to be consequences, and SO agreed.  He broke rules, now he gets punished.  

I don't know where the hell you got that I don't want him to get presents.  We obviously get him presents, and like doing so.  So you're very wrong in your assumption.

baparrot2
by Platinum Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 2:10 PM

In the real world....that shit right there deserves an apology or at least an admission that she is speaking out of both sides of her mouth. Not holding my breath.

I mean fuck...how do you talk your way out of that?

Quoting whatIknownow:

Your exact words were:

Quoting ManicAttack:

baparrot2
by Platinum Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 2:13 PM

Unbelievable that you would go straight into excuse mode after reading that.

There is one pattern about you emerging though. When you start getting your double talk about how you hate your skid one minute and then dont the next nailed to the wall.......you start using your caps button.

Isnt't there anything within you that speaks to yourself and asks if maybe all this chaos and crap in your life could actually be you? I know I would have asked myself that question by now.

Quoting ManicAttack:

Wow, way to take shit out of context!  You and Parrot were attempting to rile me up to say I AM THE ONE MAKING MISTAKES WITH GIFTS.  So yeah, I said if I have to start overthinking gifts because we can't trust him, then he won't get anything.  It was a retort, not what I want to do.  

God, you are a piece of work.  We attempt to trust and teach a child how to be responsible and we get bashed.  RIDICULOUSNESS, as I said.

Quoting whatIknownow:

Your exact words were:

Quoting ManicAttack:

whatIknownow
by Emerald Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 2:20 PM

Actually this was the fourth post in the thread and I had not yet posted at all in the thread, so you can't blame me for this. As for the context, here is the entire  post and parrot's bit that you quoted:

by  Bronze Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 8:49 AM

Parrot, you're WRONG in this.  A KNIFE IS NOT A FUCKING TOY.  He was given the knife AFTER SO told him the rules.  It was NOT TO LEAVE THE HOUSE because the only way it could LEAVE the house was if SS took it to school.  He took a fucking knife TO SCHOOL AND THEN TO BM'S.  

His shit is NOT ALLOWED TO LEAVE HERE.  End of story.  You can argue all damn day but the shit we buy, stays here.  The shit BM buys, stays at BM's.  That's how it works.  He knows this, has always known this.  The rules don't fucking change just because he feels like it.  

I didn't want to get a knife to begin with, that was SO's bad, but it doesn't mean SS can just take shit from our house without getting permission.  

Quoting baparrot2:

Buying gifts with these type conditions on them never work out. Wish that post hadnt been deleted because this is EXACTLY what it was about. You gave him a knife and he stupidly thought it was really his, turns out it wasnt. You gave him money and he again, stupidly thought the gift was his. But again, it really wasnt. Couldnt you just possibly get the kid something that could ACTUALLY BE HIS? Make different gift choices and this problem will go away.

Quoting ManicAttack:

Quoting whatIknownow:

Your exact words were:

Quoting ManicAttack:

baparrot2
by Platinum Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 2:27 PM

Not to mention how I was being a big old bully to her. LOL! I probably gave her the most solid advice I could think of. Something she could atually use and she wiped her ass with it and then got nasty with me for having that opinion.

Quoting whatIknownow:

Actually this was the fourth post in the thread and I had not yet posted at all in the thread, so you can't blame me for this. As for the context, here is the entire  post and parrot's bit that you quoted:

by   Bronze Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 8:49 AM

Parrot, you're WRONG in this.  A KNIFE IS NOT A FUCKING TOY.  He was given the knife AFTER SO told him the rules.  It was NOT TO LEAVE THE HOUSE because the only way it could LEAVE the house was if SS took it to school.  He took a fucking knife TO SCHOOL AND THEN TO BM'S.  

His shit is NOT ALLOWED TO LEAVE HERE.  End of story.  You can argue all damn day but the shit we buy, stays here.  The shit BM buys, stays at BM's.  That's how it works.  He knows this, has always known this.  The rules don't fucking change just because he feels like it.  

I didn't want to get a knife to begin with, that was SO's bad, but it doesn't mean SS can just take shit from our house without getting permission.  

Quoting baparrot2:

Buying gifts with these type conditions on them never work out. Wish that post hadnt been deleted because this is EXACTLY what it was about. You gave him a knife and he stupidly thought it was really his, turns out it wasnt. You gave him money and he again, stupidly thought the gift was his. But again, it really wasnt. Couldnt you just possibly get the kid something that could ACTUALLY BE HIS? Make different gift choices and this problem will go away.

Quoting ManicAttack:

Quoting whatIknownow:

Your exact words were:

Quoting ManicAttack:

Quinn525
by Bronze Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 2:27 PM
Then why stay, why spend the time and energy to this drama?

Quoting ManicAttack:

It's really not even that- I don't want support.  I just wish some of these women would stop acting like they are the smartest people in the world.  They are jerks to newcomers, and instead of explaining in a non-hostile way, they are nasty.  They use sarcasm and what they believe is wittiness, but in reality, they just sound like bitches.  You can be honest and not be a bitch.  It IS possible.  They claim to want to give advice and be helpful, but really, they're just looking for drama to add to their probably very boring lives.

Quoting Quinn525:

Find a private supportive step group if that's what you need. Even if people disagree they are respectful. This group, I'm afraid, often shows the nastiness of women out there.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)