Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

I need new ideas.

I'm not a fan of casseroles, but I do LOVE soup.

Please share!

eating

by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:08 PM
Replies (21-30):
E_is_4_Ethan
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 5:48 PM

Right?!

Quoting jessiesluv:

Great. Now I'm hungry.

jessiesluv
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 5:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Trying to get my husband off of Black Ops to cook supper. lol

Quoting E_is_4_Ethan:

Right?!

Quoting jessiesluv:

Great. Now I'm hungry.

E_is_4_Ethan
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 5:49 PM

Love love ginger.

I used to hate sausage, but have started to love that as well.

Quoting soonergirl980:

Today I'm making a wintery reciepe I think lol

1 lb pork sausage
minced garlic
chopped onions
chopped sweet peppers

small head of cabbage, cored and sliced thin

flavored rice & wild rice (I used box mix, combine flavoring with about 2/3 the amount of water called for)

ground ginger

Fry sausage with garlic, onions & peppers, drain.

Add sliced cabbage, rice, water mixed with seasoning mix.

cover and simmer until cabbage tender crisp.

add ground ginger to taste.

it's like a spring roll in a pan!

faerie75
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 5:51 PM

i make pasta e fagioli with french bread. i use the recipe on allrecipes. its pretty yum.

E_is_4_Ethan
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 5:52 PM

Oh, did he get the 2nd one?

I did.. I did! LOL

Food + black Ops = perfect

Quoting jessiesluv:

Trying to get my husband off of Black Ops to cook supper. lol

Quoting E_is_4_Ethan:

Right?!

Quoting jessiesluv:

Great. Now I'm hungry.

faerie75
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 5:57 PM
1 mom liked this

oh i make a bomb tortilla soup too.

couple chicken breasts

couple squash in chunks

1.5 cup shredded cabbage

couple of potatoes, peeled and in chunks

couple carrots in chunks

1.4 cup diced onion

2 minced garlic cloves

couple tablespoons olive oil

1.4 cup rice

couple stalks of celery in chunks

6 quarts water

4 chicken bouiliion cubes

couple of tablespoons of the adobo thats in a can of chipotle peppers with adobo

can of ro tel

pinch or oregano

pinch of cumin

salt and pepper to taste

strips of corn tortilla, fried and drained

cilantr4o, sliced avocado, adn shredded cheese for garnish

in a large stock pot, heat olive oil. sautee the garlic, onion, and celery. add the water and chicken. bring to a boil. add chicken bouillion and simmer 15 minutes. add carrots, potato, can of ro tel and simmer another 15 minutes. add remaning incrediets (except the tortillas and garnish) remove the chicken and shred it. re add, simmer another 15 minutes. serve with the tortillas and garnish.

faerie75
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 6:02 PM

i do this but i also sautee some mushroom and celery in tehre and a few shakes of worcestershire. my kids love it. somtimes i make it with any leftover roast i ahve.

Quoting GlockMom:

Beef stroganoff.  Large can cream of mushroom soup, medium sized container sour cream, 2 pounds ground meat (lean beef is best but I use ground turkey for a lot of stuff), browned with a chopped onion and well drained.  Salt and pepper to taste.  Serve over prepared, lightly buttered egg noodles.  The butter is to keep them sticking together.

GlockMom
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 6:10 PM
1 mom liked this
I love mushrooms in it, ALL the kids freak when I add them in. Hadn't thought of worcestershire sauce though. I don't think I have made this since at least March. I will have to add a bit next time. I can just about DRINK the stuff.

Quoting faerie75:

i do this but i also sautee some mushroom and celery in tehre and a few shakes of worcestershire. my kids love it. somtimes i make it with any leftover roast i ahve.

Quoting GlockMom:

Beef stroganoff.  Large can cream of mushroom soup, medium sized container sour cream, 2 pounds ground meat (lean beef is best but I use ground turkey for a lot of stuff), browned with a chopped onion and well drained.  Salt and pepper to taste.  Serve over prepared, lightly buttered egg noodles.  The butter is to keep them sticking together.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GlockMom
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 7:40 PM
Veggies? Another one. Brussel spouts. A few pieces of bacon, cook up the bacon the taken the bacon out, chop it up along with a sweet onion, cut a couple dozen sprouts in half and add the sprouts, onion and chopped bacon back to the pan in the bacon fat. Add a splash of balsamic vinaigrette. Cook on medium heat until the sprouts are tender and the onions are nicely caramelized. This NOT a healthy recipe. I make this and serve with usually a grilled, lean steak and sweet potato fries. Thin strips of sweet potato, lightly sprinkled and tossed in olive oil. Sprinkle with a little black fresh ground pepper, sea salt and garlic powder. Bake on a sheet until crispy browned. Spray the sheet or the fries will stick BADLY.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GlockMom
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 7:46 PM
This sounds friggin awesome. I am adding ingredients for this to my grocery list for shopping Sunday. I am totally making it next week. Does it reheat well. I would like to make enough for leftovers.

LOVE leftovers. People can nosh on things and I don't have to constantly make meals. Lunch time DD AND DS? Go heat up something from the fridge.

Quoting faerie75:

oh i make a bomb tortilla soup too.

couple chicken breasts

couple squash in chunks

1.5 cup shredded cabbage

couple of potatoes, peeled and in chunks

couple carrots in chunks

1.4 cup diced onion

2 minced garlic cloves

couple tablespoons olive oil

1.4 cup rice

couple stalks of celery in chunks

6 quarts water

4 chicken bouiliion cubes

couple of tablespoons of the adobo thats in a can of chipotle peppers with adobo

can of ro tel

pinch or oregano

pinch of cumin

salt and pepper to taste

strips of corn tortilla, fried and drained

cilantr4o, sliced avocado, adn shredded cheese for garnish

in a large stock pot, heat olive oil. sautee the garlic, onion, and celery. add the water and chicken. bring to a boil. add chicken bouillion and simmer 15 minutes. add carrots, potato, can of ro tel and simmer another 15 minutes. add remaning incrediets (except the tortillas and garnish) remove the chicken and shred it. re add, simmer another 15 minutes. serve with the tortillas and garnish.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN