Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need new ideas.

I'm not a fan of casseroles, but I do LOVE soup.

Please share!

eating

by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:08 PM
Replies (51-60):
pdxmum
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 11:56 PM

I had two martinis as well...

Quoting E_is_4_Ethan:

I need a bottle of something right now.

Quoting pdxmum:

I just made a pasta with a bottle of wine, pancetta, garlic, Parmesan and arugula.  Delicious, but not kid friendly.

rose0919
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 6:57 AM

i will send it to you also, it is super easy and oh sooooo yummy

Quoting SammyJK:

Ooooh i want the broccoli cheddar soup!!

Quoting rose0919:

i have a bunch i will send you, brocoli chedar soup, roasted buttenut sqyash soup, chili,chicken papricash( not easy but sooooo good) i will look them up in the am and sed them to you on fb

liltigersmom
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 7:26 AM
1 mom liked this
Beef stew

Two mccormick beef stew mixes

Dump in tall pot, add water, seasonings. I add some diced garlic, diced onion and diced celery. Coat beef stew meat, with flour, brown in pan until it get crispy. Add the pot, let it simmer for an hour or so, than add potatoes and carrots, onions ect.

I serve it with bread.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
liltigersmom
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 7:30 AM
1 mom liked this
And for a veggie recipe.

Bag of ca veggies.
add a can of golden mushroom soup, a forth cup or a little more of sour cream, mix it up, add veggies. Add some friend onions (the ones u buy in the store, on the shelf) some swiss cheese. Mix it all together. Spray caserole dish with cooking spray, throw in mixture. Bake for 30 minutes until veggies are tender. Than add some more friend onions and cheese on top, and baked until melted.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SammyJK
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 7:50 AM
Thanks!!

Quoting rose0919:

i will send it to you also, it is super easy and oh sooooo yummy

Quoting SammyJK:

Ooooh i want the broccoli cheddar soup!!

Quoting rose0919:

i have a bunch i will send you, brocoli chedar soup, roasted buttenut sqyash soup, chili,chicken papricash( not easy but sooooo good) i will look them up in the am and sed them to you on fb

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Tillymommie
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:37 AM

Bump! I love recipes!

Tillymommie
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 1:25 PM

Quoting luckystars2012:

We make crock pot meals a LOt on the winter.

Today J made beef stew.  Stew meat, carrots, potatoes, onions, water, beef boullion, and seasonings to taste, cooked allllllll day long.  

Spaghetti and meatballs-season ground meat with garlic, onion powder, pepper, whatever you like, and make meatballs no bigger than one inch.  Bake in oven for 20 mins at 350. Add sauce of your choice to crock pot, add in meatballs. cook for 4 hours on lowest heat setting, seasoning to taste.  Boil up some noodles, or during the last hour and a half bake a spaghetti squash at 350, cut horizontally, scoop out seeds, and shred the flesh with a fork.  makes a great healthy alternative to pasta.

We do lots of cream soups.  KopyKat has a great one for Chicken & Gnocchi soup (think Olive Garden).

Basic potato soup, chop potatoes, cook in crock pot on high in water for an hour to soften.  while cooking, in a skillet cook up a pound of bacon, half a vidalia onion finely chopped, and a bunch of green onions finally chopped (cook only the onion part, save the chive part). drain bacon/onions well on paper towels, o get rid of the grease.  drain water from crock pot, add in milk , onions, bacon, cook for 1 hour on low.  Add in chives and if you want, bacon bits.  Season to taste with garlic, onion, pepper, basil, etc. cook for another hour on low, eat.

I am attempting the potato soup.. I am adjusting some though. Like I have a bunch of potatoes I canned earlier this year so they are already soft. I am using a can of evap milk and then some milk. (I like how creamy evap milk  makes soups) I am also going to add some cheese towards the end of cooking to give it like a baked potato flavor. I have never made potato soup from scratch so hopefully it works out well!

Mother is the name for God on the lips and hearts of all children. Do you understand? ~The Crow

daddysgf
by and that's all on Nov. 18, 2012 at 5:27 PM
I make a mean potato bacon soup with cream cheese in the crockpot

Quoting Tillymommie:

Quoting luckystars2012:

Today J made beef stew.  Stew meat, carrots, potatoes, onions, water, beef boullion, and seasonings to taste, cooked allllllll day long.  

Spaghetti and meatballs-season ground meat with garlic, onion powder, pepper, whatever you like, and make meatballs no bigger than one inch.  Bake in oven for 20 mins at 350. Add sauce of your choice to crock pot, add in meatballs. cook for 4 hours on lowest heat setting, seasoning to taste.  Boil up some noodles, or during the last hour and a half bake a spaghetti squash at 350, cut horizontally, scoop out seeds, and shred the flesh with a fork.  makes a great healthy alternative to pasta.

We do lots of cream soups.  KopyKat has a great one for Chicken & Gnocchi soup (think Olive Garden).

Basic potato soup, chop potatoes, cook in crock pot on high in water for an hour to soften.  while cooking, in a skillet cook up a pound of bacon, half a vidalia onion finely chopped, and a bunch of green onions finally chopped (cook only the onion part, save the chive part). drain bacon/onions well on paper towels, o get rid of the grease.  drain water from crock pot, add in milk , onions, bacon, cook for 1 hour on low.  Add in chives and if you want, bacon bits.  Season to taste with garlic, onion, pepper, basil, etc. cook for another hour on low, eat.

I am attempting the potato soup.. I am adjusting some though. Like I have a bunch of potatoes I canned earlier this year so they are already soft. I am using a can of evap milk and then some milk. (I like how creamy evap milk  makes soups) I am also going to add some cheese towards the end of cooking to give it like a baked potato flavor. I have never made potato soup from scratch so hopefully it works out well!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovemyfriend
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 5:35 PM

I just went on a huge soup kick.  Cauliflower potato, broccoli cheddar, minestrone, tomato basil....I think thats all I've made the past 2 weeks...and if you make a huge pot like I do you can freeze half of it!  I'll post my recipes when I gather them up :)

E_is_4_Ethan
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 6:13 PM

OH, please share.

Quoting daddysgf:

I make a mean potato bacon soup with cream cheese in the crockpot

Quoting Tillymommie:

Quoting luckystars2012:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured