Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Is there hope?

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 6:37 PM
  • 12 Replies

My oldest sd has been terrible for the last couple years.  She is grown and the many previous years before that were ok but we haven't even seen each other in well over a year.  My husband told me yesterday that she is getting married.  She is marrying a man with two kids from two previous relationships that appear to have had to overlap.  He is really worried about the situation but I feel hopeful that her being in that situation might be just what is necessary to make her a better person.  I can't imagine her dealing with TWO ex wives baby mammas or whatever.  Anyway, he seems weirded out that I'm not terribly concerned about it.  Am I that weird.  We havent' had hardly any contact in the last 3 years, and none at all in like 18 months after she became really nasty and harassing to me.  Anyway how is a person supposed to feel in my situation?

by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 6:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jessiesluv
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:02 PM

Why should you be concerned about it?

Worse case scenario, as a new SM she goes through SM hell and sees what its like. She's an adult, she can deal with her mistakes if there is one.

Dh needs to chill.

LilacGirl1980
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:05 PM
Ugh....she should run for the hills. What a clusterf*ck. Too much baggage.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Charli627
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:09 PM

Quoting jessiesluv:

Why should you be concerned about it?

Worse case scenario, as a new SM she goes through SM hell and sees what its like. She's an adult, she can deal with her mistakes if there is one.

Dh needs to chill.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
E_is_4_Ethan
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:13 PM

I wouldn't feel anything about it.

ProudmommyJess
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 1:14 AM

If things between you and SD have been that bad then no I dont think its bad to feel no sympathy for her, but it would be nice of you to be supportive if she were to come to you for advice in the future.

sid1083
by Bronze Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 2:23 AM
2 moms liked this
I guess if things get really bad for her, you can always pass her a note with one word: Cafemom.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HeadKrobe8789
by Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 2:42 AM

Sometimes a person has to become a parent or stepparent to see just how harsh they've been to theirs.  Maybe you don't feel that concerned about her situation because of how she's been acting?  Either way, she'll come around eventually.

whatIknownow
by Ruby Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 7:44 AM

Quoting E_is_4_Ethan:

Me neither.

You don't know if it will work out good or bad. Maybe she will handle it just fine. Who can say.

angelmommy2806
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 7:54 AM
Same here.

Quoting E_is_4_Ethan:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sassy711
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:35 AM

DH is probably thinking that with your experience being a SM, you'd be willing and able to help and guide SD.  Let him know that if and when SD wants or needs your advice you'd be receptive, but that it's up to SD not you.  That should put his mind and heart at rest and hopefully he won't pursue the issue anymore.

The truth of the matter is that SD may or may not try to repair the relationship with you.  She's an adult now and her life is about to get very complicated.  This may be a growing opportunity for her, who knows. 

Don't sweat it....this is her little red wagon to push or pull, not yours.  Good luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)