Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

My oldest sd has been terrible for the last couple years.  She is grown and the many previous years before that were ok but we haven't even seen each other in well over a year.  My husband told me yesterday that she is getting married.  She is marrying a man with two kids from two previous relationships that appear to have had to overlap.  He is really worried about the situation but I feel hopeful that her being in that situation might be just what is necessary to make her a better person.  I can't imagine her dealing with TWO ex wives baby mammas or whatever.  Anyway, he seems weirded out that I'm not terribly concerned about it.  Am I that weird.  We havent' had hardly any contact in the last 3 years, and none at all in like 18 months after she became really nasty and harassing to me.  Anyway how is a person supposed to feel in my situation?

by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 6:37 PM
Replies (11-12):
looneytunes290
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 4:17 PM

I think in these situations sometimes a person just can't win. I was talking to my friend who is a single mom , and I asked her if your ex remarried and the kids didn't like her or their step siblings, or half brother how do you think the nicest way For the new wife to respond to that would be. Her response was for them "new family" to stay away from occasions and events. I agree, but somehow there is a short circuit with hubby about that and he sees it as some kind of insult to the kids. Even though they don't seem to want us to come. It's weird.  Of course ex wife called last night to start talking about the wedding expenses. Stuff like this was the reason we separated finances a year or so ago, thank goodness we already have that established.  Now it's his responsibility to decide how much he will contribute. 

faerie75
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 4:24 PM
1 mom liked this

i dont think your not feeling strongly about it is a big deal. shes not YOUR child. and shes an adult and free to make her own decisions.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)