Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

bm and mil *update*

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 8:40 AM
  • 6 Replies
So apparently the mamas (mil and step mil) will be visiting today, about the same tume that bm or her mother will be here to pick up SD. Dh is pissed at all of them. So this step mama is super happy to have to work tonight. This way I get to avoid all drama that will ensue. My boys will be here. I am a little worried about that but Dh has promised to remain calm.

Nothing happened. Dh decided just to let it go. He visited with the mamas. When they got nosey, they were told it wasn't their business. When the Nana came early for SD, he rushed them both out the door. Hugged SD and told her he would see her Tuesday. He said he just didn't feel like arguing and he didn't want to say anything in front of the boys. They boys wouldn't eat their dinner, so the 3 of them sat in the livingroom ans ate peanut butter and jelly sandwiches with tangerines on the side. That gave me a funny mental image.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 8:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
bertaboo1
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 8:42 AM

how old are the boys?  maybe a playdate is in order for them to not be there either?

LittleMama2012
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 8:51 AM
They are almost 4 and 1. My brother and his girlfriend live two houses down. The boys love them to pieces. They will come get the boys if necessary. Otherwise I told Dh they need to discuss the situation outside. We don't want the boys to be hearing anything that is going on. And since I have disengaged from the drama, Dh gets a bit heated. My house has become complete chaos when SD is here over the last couple years. I was tired of my boys living in a house where everyone argued, hollered or cried all weekend. It is just not good for anyone.

Quoting bertaboo1:

how old are the boys?  maybe a playdate is in order for them to not be there either?

newstepmom61811
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 8:54 AM
4 moms liked this
I wouldn't take a chance, I would arrange for some uncle and GF time. If things blow in the heat of the moment, stupid adults forget about the kids too often...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LittleMama2012
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 8:57 AM
This made me think. I will set this up before I leave for work.

Quoting newstepmom61811:

I wouldn't take a chance, I would arrange for some uncle and GF time. If things blow in the heat of the moment, stupid adults forget about the kids too often...

sassy711
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:00 AM

Everyone's post is making alot of sense.  Even if your DH can keep calm cool and collected, he's going to be outnumbered by a bunch of people with axes to grind.  The likelihood of DH (or anyone in that situation) losing his temper is pretty high.  Ask your brother to keep your kids from x time to y time.  Explain to him that you just don't want your kids around the possible drama.  Then tell DH, that you believe he can keep calm and rational with everyone, you don't necessarily trust that the OTHERS can, and you just don't want your kids around the drama.  Good luck.

Charli627
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 4:49 PM
This. Good luck

Quoting sassy711:

Everyone's post is making alot of sense.  Even if your DH can keep calm cool and collected, he's going to be outnumbered by a bunch of people with axes to grind.  The likelihood of DH (or anyone in that situation) losing his temper is pretty high.  Ask your brother to keep your kids from x time to y time.  Explain to him that you just don't want your kids around the possible drama.  Then tell DH, that you believe he can keep calm and rational with everyone, you don't necessarily trust that the OTHERS can, and you just don't want your kids around the drama.  Good luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN