Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does anyone not like

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 5:09 PM
  • 26 Replies
Does anyone not like being a step parent
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 5:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
whatIknownow
by Ruby Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 5:11 PM

I like being a stepparent. Do you?

grumpyboston
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 5:15 PM
No I don't no matter what I do I'm wrong I try and treat SD same as my children but to mil I'm always wrong and she has gotten into so head about me trying to treat SD the same as my kids .she tells him what a bad parent I am . And how I shouldn't watch her and other things so much she doesn't stay here anymore .so has custody but she stays with his mom

Quoting whatIknownow:

baparrot2
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 5:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I dont like being divorced, But that could not be helped. Marrying a man with a child of his own was not exactly what I wanted but seeing as in I was in no position to be picky as having a child of my own.....I made it work. But I took my time to know what I was getting into.

MommySabs
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 5:32 PM
I wouldn't trade having my stepson in my life for anything. Often the circumstances of being in a blended family are hard and it sucks when the boys are away ( mine and his) but my family is the way it was meant to be and I love that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tinkerbellmama
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 5:43 PM

I despise being a step-parent, but not because I don't like SD or anything. It's dealing with BM that makes it suck so badly. Or having people say I'm "JUST" a step-mom, not a real mom.

I may not have grown her in my body, but I've done everything else in the last 11 years that any mother would do, and probably more than some would. 

angelmommy2806
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 5:58 PM
I'm not sure it's something I'd do again. I love Dh and his kids aren't the devil, but it takes a lot of work. There's heartache and things said you can'ttake back.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jlg12678
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 6:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Why is mil allowed so much input? 

I have a great mil, but if mine ever started attempting to be that involved she would get a huge "no thanks" from my dh. 

Quoting grumpyboston:

No I don't no matter what I do I'm wrong I try and treat SD same as my children but to mil I'm always wrong and she has gotten into so head about me trying to treat SD the same as my kids .she tells him what a bad parent I am . And how I shouldn't watch her and other things so much she doesn't stay here anymore .so has custody but she stays with his mom

Quoting whatIknownow:

grumpyboston
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 6:07 PM
Because my husband is stupid and allows it .I think he rather not be bothered .

Quoting jlg12678:

Why is mil allowed so much input? 

I have a great mil, but if mine ever started attempting to be that involved she would get a huge "no thanks" from my dh. 

Quoting grumpyboston:

Quoting whatIknownow:

QueenBof6
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 6:08 PM
Not a road I would chose for myself again. But while I'm at where in at I will do my best.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SammyJK
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 6:11 PM
If i could do it all over again, i would still do it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured