Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central
Does anyone not like being a step parent
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 5:09 PM
Replies (11-20):
momcat437
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 6:15 PM

No, I hate it...

gma12.1
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 6:42 PM

It was hard at first because his ODD was 14 when she moved in with us b/c BM couldn't handle her anymore. My ODD was 5, I didn't figure on having a teenager for at least 7/8 yrs. Then I had to deal with MIL who would tell me what a piece of crap BM was. After BM died she became a saint in MIL's eyes then I was the one that was a piece of crap. I raised 6 kids 3 were SK I treated ALL the kids the same and I was the sole parent a lot of the time b/c DH was in the Army at the time. It took several years before the kids even mine realized that they had a good life b/c they had a family that stood by them, fought for them, and loved them. Now all the kids are married with families of their own and really realize that raising a family isn't easy and have told me on several occasions that they don't know how I stayed with their Dad b/c of the way they treated me. I am still introduced as their Step-Mom, but their kids all call me Grandma and all the SK's encourage that.

annabl1970
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 6:48 PM
It would be fine, if BM was reasonable.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
psychessun
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 7:19 PM

throwing up

hell no

Tigress22304
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 7:22 PM

If i didn't like being a SM-then I wouldn't still be one. i love my skids to pieces-and would never give them up for anything.

leegirl_jm
by Ruby Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 7:54 PM

I don't have a problem with stepparenting because it comes with no responsibility for me.

whatIknownow
by Ruby Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 8:36 PM
1 mom liked this

So maybe that's the real problem. not so much being a stepmom, but being married to a stupid man.

Quoting grumpyboston:

Because my husband is stupid 
sidelinesally
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 8:42 PM

Quoting QueenBof6:

Not a road I would chose for myself again. But while I'm at where in at I will do my best.

I agree with this but would  just add "probably" not a road I would take again. I find it really stressful.

Mommyof5247
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:15 PM
I never intended to date or marry a man with kids which isn't exactly fair since I already had kids, but I also never planned on meeting my DH.
Once I met him & then his very little kids, I was done for. I love being with them. I love that we are all a family, we blended & function well together. He's great with my kids.

The only part I don't like is having to deal with & constantly defend against a very bitter, spiteful & vengeful BM.
Nature_girl
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:27 AM
Hardest job in the world.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)