Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Today DF and I had all of the kids; my 3 kids and his daughter.  Well, long story short my fingers got slammed in a door HARD and I ended up needing to go to the emergency room and DF wanted to come with me. DF called my ex husband (my 3 kids' biodad) to come get them and since we didn't have anywhere to send DF's daughter my ex husband just took her too lol. He took them all back to his house and they played there for a few hours while we were at the hospital. When I asked ex-h how it went he laughed a little and shrugged and said "It was a little awkward but I survived and the kids had fun." haha, I never really thought we would have that kind of situation but I'm glad ex-h is a big enough person to handle it with the grace that he did.

by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 6:16 PM
Replies (11-16):
sidelinesally
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 8:47 PM

Good on him! Happy to say that my ex would definitely do the same. SKs have gone to his house a couple of times before. I've never asked how he feels about it though. I imagine if it made him feel crummy he wouldn't do it. BM  has recently allowed DD inside her 50 mile radius comfort zone.

needsupport100
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 8:57 PM
1 mom liked this

you're not alone. when i was pregnant with my son who died at birth, my xh told me before complications set in that if we needed help with fiance's dd (bm isn't very involved) he would be willing. well, when complications first set in. it was on a friday night, our weekend. i texted xh and asked if he could help cause i needed to go to er, well he and smom came over i told them where things were and told them to make themselves at home and left (we didn't want the girls to have to get up at 2am to come home) well, the elec in our area power surged and never came back on, so they took the kids and our dog and headed to their house and brought them both back in the morrning after giving us a few hours to get some sleep (got home at 3am). so yeah, awekward but was NICE cause we don't have much help with sd

momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:32 PM
My dd spends the night at her dad's wife's ex husband's house. He is the 'back up' when they need child care for our dd and her dd. my dd loves SM's Ex. She says she wishes her dad was more like him. I used to think it was awkward but then realized that it is actually not a bad thing for dd to have another good man in her life that can show her how a man should treat his daughter.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Derdriu
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:47 PM
Wow, these are great stories!!! And awesome that your girls do get to have another good adult role model in their lives! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angelmommy2806
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:18 PM
That's awesome.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EricaG87
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:06 AM

Thanks for the replies ladies. Yeah, he is a great guy and whenever anybody asks about my divorce I always "he is a great man and I will never regret who I had my kids with".  My fingers are luckily not broken but just badly bruised and swollen. Should make working tomorrow a joy :/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN