Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Sick of changes!!

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:03 AM
  • 11 Replies

Not really step related but MAN, I'm sick of changes.

Since September - SO has gone back to school, quit his job, started a new job and we've moved. He is suppose to buy a car this week and I really thought we were finally getting settled.
Last night, a friend of his called from "up North" (we're in Canada and the majority of our friends work in another part of the country either in Alberta or in the Northwest Territories) and offered him a job up there.
It'd be $15 more an hour then he is making now (he just got a $5.50 raise when he started his new job.. so really, it'd be $20.50 more an hour than he was making in September) and it's a rotational camp job.. basically, he'd be working for two weeks, the company would fly him home for two weeks and all expenses while he was up there would be paid. 
It's an awesome opportunity and the money would really get him back on his feet but UGH.. I'm sick of all the changes that have been going on. I just want things to be settled down a little bit.

/wahhh whiney rant.

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
daddysgf
by and that's all on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:05 AM

I wanna throw myself a pity party

drinking beer

sassy711
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:14 AM

You're entitled to a pity party...just set a time limit on it.  When I want to have a pity party, I set the timer for 10 minutes (15 if it's really bad), then I indulge in the biggest baddest pity party ever (not letting my kids see it).  Once the timer goes off..the party's over and I get back to real life.

I know this is hard on/for you and just when you think things are going to settle down, it's ANOTHER thing to adjust to, it's always something.  It'll be ok and you can handle it...just take a deep breath!  Good luck.

Tigress22304
by Ruby Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:00 AM

lol i know what you mean-then there are times when I wish something would give-im doing the same thing in and out-need to shake it up  a bit!

daddysgf
by and that's all on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:31 AM

I just wanna sit home and drink wine tonight... but alas, SO is trying to do a sober week so I probably shouldnt..

confused

LittleMama2012
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:33 PM
I don't do well with changes either. It seems once you start getting settled and used to something, something else happens. Have a little pity party and then remember everything happens for a reason. Good luck!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jessiesluv
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:01 PM

Thats a lot of changes. lol Good luck

daddysgf
by and that's all on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:04 AM
I don't want to manage the house by myself.. not what I signed up for
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
saywhat2102
by Gold Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:10 AM
What's he going to do?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
daddysgf
by and that's all on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:26 AM
I think he's going to go out after Christmas..
another stressful thing I didn't add here is that MIL, SS primary caregiver is going away from Dec 31-Mar 31.

Quoting saywhat2102:

What's he going to do?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angelmommy2806
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:06 AM
Dh used to have a job like this. He had 3 weeks on, 1 week off on the traveling crew. It was hard having him gone all the time, but damn the money was nice! He hasn't been able to work since his accident over a year ago.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)