Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

SS12 who we have residential custody has been starting problems between bm and dh.  He's lying to both parents and each one of them refuses to talk the other.  BM also refuses to believe that her son is anything but perfect eventhough he lies, steals money and sneaks candy in the middle of the night.  Just recently he started hanging pictures of his old family pictures of when dh and bm were still married.  Fine.  He needs some comfort.  I can deal with that since it is in his room.  However, I noticed the other day that he is wearing his fathers old wedding ring on a necklace.  DH had told me years ago that he gave it to BM after the divorce so she could pawn it.  I guess not!  My question is how healthy is it to hold onto the past and to what extent?  He is living in a false reality that his parents are going to get back together despite the lectures DH has given him.  He is extremely difficult to blend into this family.  When we all go out he pouts until DH goes off alone with him ultimately leaving me alone with our other children (3 girls) and also disrupting our attempts to connect us.  We started him in counseling...again.  Hopefully it works.  What would you do if you have to see pictures of the ex wife everyday and the old wedding ban?  How do you suck it up and be fine with it?

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:53 AM
Replies (11-11):
faerie75
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 4:17 PM

i would suck it up, but i also would talk to my husband about NOT taking off with him alone on family outings. he SHOULD spend some one on one time but not during FAMILY outings. and i do think he needs some counseling (the kid)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)