Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

I was pretty sure, but now i know for sure

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:10 PM
  • 18 Replies
That we are having another baby. I have mixed emotions. A little excited and a lot overwhelmed. I have a ds almost 4 and a ds1 and sd10. There is so much drama that surrounds her. I'm still trying to finish school. My parents have been seperated for over a year and have yet to file divorce. They stress me out. I don't have insurance. And I need a bigger vehicle and I don't want to drive a mini van. But it would be wonderful if it a girl, even more wonderful if it was just healthy.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Finish what school? How old are you?

LittleMama2012
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:16 PM
30. College. I went back after the company I worked for sold out and I lost all my benefits, position and was broke.
elisesmom922
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:20 PM
2 moms liked this

I know this feeling well. Its how I felt before we lost ours in March.It would have been one more thing on top of all we had going on too. And driving a mini van isn't that bad as long as you get a good one! And I will send healthy GIRL vibes your way!
fingers crossed

LittleMama2012
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:22 PM
I know that feeling of losing one, I lost my first two weeks before we got married. I just pray this all works out and the baby is healthy. Every thing happens for a reason.

Quoting elisesmom922:

I know this feeling well. Its how I felt before we lost ours in March.It would have been one more thing on top of all we had going on too. And driving a mini van isn't that bad as long as you get a good one! And I will send healthy GIRL vibes your way!
fingers crossed

SassyMom25
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:34 PM
Would you qualify for state insurance now? Some states have insurance for pregnant women specifically.

Leave your parents business to them and try to let DH deal with SD.

I would see about getting a bigger vehicle now so you know it is reliable before the baby comes.

How many classes do you have left? Can you do face-to-face now and see about online classes next fall?
LittleMama2012
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:45 PM
I may qualify. We don't qualify for anything else because Dh makes too much money.

My parents do their best to involve their children in everything. You can't have a conversation with either without them bringing the other up. Mom is clinically depressed. Dad just avoids the issue of divorce because he feels making the house, car and car insurance payment is enough. He feels he shouldn't have to give her any of his money. They just need to do something because they are not doing anything.

We are planning on selling Dh truck and getting a bigger vehicle to use when SD is here. That is all we really need it for. Mine fits three kids easily.

I take online classes and would have been done this spring. But the school I was going to cut off my financial aid and I didn't find out til the last day to pay. So I transferred to another school and got financial aid there. Problem is this college requires more credits for my particular degree and they didn't take some classes I already passed as transfer credit. So I have to retake them. If I go every semester I will graduate spring of 2014. I registered for next semester and am taking 5 classes online.

I am capable and have Dh support, as always, just over whelmed. Thanks for the advice.

Quoting SassyMom25:

Would you qualify for state insurance now? Some states have insurance for pregnant women specifically.

Leave your parents business to them and try to let DH deal with SD.

I would see about getting a bigger vehicle now so you know it is reliable before the baby comes.

How many classes do you have left? Can you do face-to-face now and see about online classes next fall?

KekeLi938
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:10 PM
1 mom liked this
I felt the same way when I got pregnant with my youngest and then again this time. But I am overjoyed that my DH and I are going to have one more child to share our love with, and that even with the stress of SS there is nothing that can destroy the excitement that we both feel.
MomGoingCrazy78
by Lindy Lou on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Just wanted to say Congrats!! It will all work out as it was intended- as my grandma used to tell me!

SammyJK
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:48 AM
Congrats!
I did NOT want to drive a damn mini van either when we bought our 1st one and now i love it! I wouldnt have anything else these days.
sassy711
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:42 AM
1 mom liked this

1) congrats to you!!  2) breathe...it'll be ok  3) mini-vans really aren't that bad and are great for hauling kids and all their stuff  4) breathe!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)