Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Mom puts son aside for Hair appointment

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:03 PM
  • 4 Replies

I think it is soooo sad when a mom puts son aside for a hair appointment. My SS's mama complaints that she does not get enough time with ss but she has him everyday after school till seven pm if she wants except Wednesday because of church and she has him every other weekend from Friday till Sunday morning(once again because of church).The other weekends she has himne night and DH has him the other night because he is out of town every other week.

Once or twice a week shee gives some reason why she can not pick him up from school. She has to run errands or she has to go to Tyler(the next town over) for whatever reason. They kiddo is out of school all this week for Thanksgiving break so she has a chance to spend a little extra time with him since she can get him right after she gets off work at 2 pm instead of waiting will 315 pm.

She send me a text meassage this morning saying,"I will not be able to get him this afternoon because I have a hair appointment". I just said OK.

I just can not understand some parents. I can understand that she needs to get her hair done but DH is going to be home Wednesday morning so she could have made the appointment for Wednesday after work or the two days last week that she chose not to get him. She complains about things but does not do nothing to change it. Just do not understand. He is such a joy to have around. I love taking him with me every where I go.

Texas Cowboys Girl

cowgirl          juggling

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
SassyMom25
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:40 PM
Some parents just don't seem to be able to function in public with a kid. Oh well, its her loss in the end. When she complains I would tell her to either stop making excuses for why she can't take him or quit complaining that she doesn't see him enough.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mamaslove11
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:51 PM

DH has talk and told till he is blue in the face. Guess this is more a gripe session than anything. She complains that she is not involved in his school life but she does not help him do his homework. He does it when he gets home at 7 pm. She complains that she is not aloud to have any part in the health/dr appointents but the last couple of times he has needed to go to the dr she says she can't because she has to pick up her granddaughters from the bus(granddaughters always come first). SS is adopted by DH and DH's ex. She smokes around him and in the house even though it makes him smoke. I get so aggrivated with it all. But I just tell myself if I am getting aggrivated then how does it make DH feel.

I just try to do what I can for ss and be there for him and take up the slack where his mama falls short.

Quoting SassyMom25:

Some parents just don't seem to be able to function in public with a kid. Oh well, its her loss in the end. When she complains I would tell her to either stop making excuses for why she can't take him or quit complaining that she doesn't see him enough.

Texas Cowboys Girl

cowgirl          juggling

Tinkerbellmama
by Platinum Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:56 PM

BM makes the same excuses about not being able to see SD much. She has willingly given up about 60-75% of her visitation since July. In August she moved to the same town as us, living about 10 minutes away, and has only taken SD for the day twice and over night at her current apartment once (she has taken SD for 1 weekend in August, September, and October up to visit BM's mom, that was Friday night-Sunday night).

We've given BM SD's schedule (SD has special needs and a LOT of appointments) and have told her that any time she wants to see SD to just let us know and we'll make it work, even if it's not "her weekend". It doesn't happen.

mamaslove11
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:08 PM

I am sorry for that. I know a child with special needs needs as much support and love as possible. I just do not understand how parents can not love there children with all they have.

Especially an adopted child. This is a child you think about and make a decision to bring him in your home and love as your own natural child.

Quoting Tinkerbellmama:

BM makes the same excuses about not being able to see SD much. She has willingly given up about 60-75% of her visitation since July. In August she moved to the same town as us, living about 10 minutes away, and has only taken SD for the day twice and over night at her current apartment once (she has taken SD for 1 weekend in August, September, and October up to visit BM's mom, that was Friday night-Sunday night).

We've given BM SD's schedule (SD has special needs and a LOT of appointments) and have told her that any time she wants to see SD to just let us know and we'll make it work, even if it's not "her weekend". It doesn't happen.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN