Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Worried about our upcoming trip

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:04 PM
  • 10 Replies
Dh and i are goin to Vegas in 2 weeks with his company. We'll be gone from the 4th through the 8th. We have to be at the airport at like 5am which is an hour+ away, on the 4th so the kids are staying with their gparents the night before we leave also. So that makes 5 nights away from my babies :( Im dreading being away from them (specially the youngest) and i feel like a real shit head of a mom leavin my kids for that long. This is something we may never have the opportunity to do again and i do want to go, but i still feel awful about it. The company is paying airfare, hotel, 1 meal/day, a trip to the Hoover Dam, a cocktail party, plus the convention and a bus pass to get to and from the covention center. An opportunity like that may not ever come around again. Plus the convention has to do with dhs job. I just cant shake feeling like a shit! Am i a shit honestly??

Btw:
-kids are sd9 (will be between my mil and my mom m night through f after school then her mom gets her for the wknd), ds8 and ds6 (theyl be stayin at mils overnight and my moms after school along with sd), and ds4 who will be staying with my mom the majority of the whole time.
-dh wont go without me
-we've never been on a real vaca before (not even a honeymoon)
-The most ive ever been away from my kids is a night here and there for a sleepover at gps and ods spent 2 nights at my moms once but i still saw him during that time!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
blondepegasus
by Bronze Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:52 PM
You are not a shit, honestly!

You are lucky to have family to keep the kids. We have to pay a babysitter if we want to go anywhere overnight.

Go and have fun. You deserve it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
newstepmom61811
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:54 PM
You get away and the kids get GP spoiling time, no honestly...you are not a shit...a few days of memories for everyone...ENJOY!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SammyJK
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:55 PM

Thanks! Seriously though, they would NEVER do this if it didnt have to do with DH's work. The trip wouldnt even be an option if they couldnt stay with family.

Quoting blondepegasus:

You are not a shit, honestly!

You are lucky to have family to keep the kids. We have to pay a babysitter if we want to go anywhere overnight.

Go and have fun. You deserve it!

SammyJK
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:57 PM

Quoting newstepmom61811:

You get away and the kids get GP spoiling time, no honestly...you are not a shit...a few days of memories for everyone...ENJOY!

Another big thing is that my DS4 is ridiculously glued to my ass!! He's Momma's baby all the way. He's not a big fan of my mom either and thats who he will be with for the majority of the time.

MommySabs
by Gold Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:25 PM
Go enjoy yourselves!!!! You are not shit, deserve a break!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
adamsmom0116
by Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 5:32 PM

Go and enjoy your trip. Enjoy your time with your husband! The kids will be fine!!

newstepmom61811
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 5:35 PM
He will survive...this will e a growth experience for him...again, enjoy yourself...

Quoting SammyJK:

Quoting newstepmom61811:

Another big thing is that my DS4 is ridiculously glued to my ass!! He's Momma's baby all the way. He's not a big fan of my mom either and thats who he will be with for the majority of the time.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tigress22304
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 5:39 PM

be sure to send postcards!

SammyJK
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 7:45 PM
Thanks ladies. Im just a worrier i know. I will just have to keep reading these for encouragement til time to go!
mamakenzi
by Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 7:50 PM
My daughter is 5, just turned 5. I left her for 2 weeks with my parents when I took a vacation to France and Italy. It was my grad gift from my sister. I was nervous on the plane and then I got busy an it was fine! I had a blast and DD had a blast being spoiled! I skyped her everyday and all was good.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)