Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

do you think bf is right? cs related.

Posted by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 3:21 AM
  • 26 Replies
My dd1s bio dad emailed me a few minutes ago. Asked me if I called the child support office on him because hes 4 months almost 5 late on his child support. I told him I havent called child support since august(the first month I noticed I didnt get anything). And he told me I was being an asshole. His exact words were(copy and pasted) "kiana u n yo husband both wrk and my wife n i r goin thru somethin n i cnt afford $400 a month for one of my kids. I have three so i have to make it evenly. I no kenadi my oldest but u need to wrk wit me on this. Call child support n lower it for me." Lol I read that and started laughing because 1. He called me in july and asked me to cut him off cs and to just call him and ask for money anytime kenadi' needed something. And I told him no. 2. When he called in july I told him to go down to cs office and petition to lower it and he said he didnt feel like going down there(he stays in the state our cs case is in, I dont). 3. I told him if he scheduled the cs case date. That I would just ask the judge if he could just pay for her extra curriculers(sp) every month which is $76 for gymnastics, and $370 in march for cheer, plus $100 in august for her competition. So he would only be paying $76 a month til march, $370 in march then back down to $76 from april til august, then $100 in august, then back down to $76. He said NO because he doesnt want to be paying for her to do extra curriculors(sp) and his other kids arent in any. And last but not least 4. He only has 2 bio children. My dd and his other dd by his wife. He is choosing to support his wifes son. Just like my dh is choosing to support kenadi'. So my dh isnt looking for a way out of paying for kenadi'. Thats like dh saying kenadi' cant do extra curriculors(sp) if kaylah(dh and my dd) doesnt.

So my question is. Am I wrong here? What is your take on this situation?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 3:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AustinsMama1226
by Bronze Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 6:43 AM
1 mom liked this
He's not right. Everyone has hardships, it's life. He's needs to support all children, not just ones he wants
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
angel_peanut
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 6:53 AM
He's not right ....sounds like my DD Bio!! Mine took me to court and tried to get it dropped to nothing saying he could not afford his children with his wife and cs.....judge threw him out lol. At least you were trying to worrie with him he should have been grateful and just agreed
angel_peanut
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 6:54 AM
*work not worrie
liltigersmom
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 6:56 AM
3 moms liked this
Like I said on the other forum. In the future, don't make any verbal cs deals, its up to the courts to make those decisions.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Quinn525
by Bronze Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 7:06 AM
2 moms liked this
He's responsible for supporting his children. If he can't, he is responsible to try and work something out with the cs office. You seem to give him some reasonable alternatives to cs. It sounds like he is too much of an asshat to get over the word extracurriculars to see the smaller amt he would have to pay.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvmykids08_10
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 8:34 AM
Thank you for writing that word out. My phone doesn't have auto correct. Lol

Quoting Quinn525:

He's responsible for supporting his children. If he can't, he is responsible to try and work something out with the cs office. You seem to give him some reasonable alternatives to cs. It sounds like he is too much of an asshat to get over the word extracurriculars to see the smaller amt he would have to pay.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LittleMama2012
by Silver Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 8:54 AM
1 mom liked this
No you are not wrong. It seems as though he wants it lowered and he doesn't want to do the work to get it lowered. That is just lazy considering you are willing to work with him on it and he would pay far less. So looks like he would rather end up going to jail for backchild support than to go file some papers and see a judge.
luvmykids08_10
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 9:04 AM
If you ask him he's not going to jail because he will be paying off his cs with his tax return. But the last time I checked he was already over $1000 in arrears.

Quoting LittleMama2012:

No you are not wrong. It seems as though he wants it lowered and he doesn't want to do the work to get it lowered. That is just lazy considering you are willing to work with him on it and he would pay far less. So looks like he would rather end up going to jail for backchild support than to go file some papers and see a judge.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LittleMama2012
by Silver Member on Nov. 25, 2012 at 9:07 AM
You and I both know better. I think you are really trying to be the bigger person here and help him out. He doesn't want to take responsibility.

Quoting luvmykids08_10:

If you ask him he's not going to jail because he will be paying off his cs with his tax return. But the last time I checked he was already over $1000 in arrears.

Quoting LittleMama2012:

liltigersmom
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 10:03 AM
Of course he doesn't want to go to the cs office himself.

He's in arrears.

Quoting luvmykids08_10:

Quoting LittleMama2012:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured