Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

ot aggravated frustrated and just pissed off

Posted by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 5:19 PM
  • 18 Replies

ok so i went back to work, i expected help  at home from dh and dd12. i have had one day off this week,2 people pass away within days of each other. had to go help my cousin last night get her house ready for after the funeral. im beat. on my one day off i cleaned the house did a ton af laundry and cooked so all they had to do was heat up their meals because i wasnt going to be home.

nothing and i mean nothing has been done all week! dh worked the day i was off and is working again on sat(24 hr  shifts) he has been home all week. i walked in tonight and the house is a wreck. no beds made, kitchen is a mess, dh crap all over the kitchen table,shoes all over the living room, nothing picked up or vacumed. im fucking pissed. when i was home the house never looked like this. it was always neat ,food was made every night laundry washed dryed ,folded and put away. i even left a list of things for them to do  and they have ignored it. dh used to bitch what i did all day when i was home well i cleaned and cooked and took care of my family. they never came home to the mess i did tonight. now i will spend my night cleaning and doing laundry. as dh wonders why im pissed.

no fucking clue none of them not one clue between them!

ok i feel a little better now to take out the rest of my anger on the house!

by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 5:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tapies2324
by Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 5:27 PM

They know better. I'd do my laundry and the house would wait until they were there to help me pick up.

pepper504
by Gold Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 5:31 PM

GIRL! Don't I know how you feel all too well!  Vent on!

angelmommy2806
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 5:33 PM
I completely get your frustration. It's really annoying!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MomGoingCrazy78
by Lindy Lou on Nov. 30, 2012 at 5:35 PM

My DH decided he didn't want to help out around the house after we got married. So I went on strike, I didn't do the dishes, I didn't cook, I didn't do HIS laundry, I didn't pick up after him or the kids, I did NOTHING. Well it only took about 2 weeks, the kitchen was a complete disaster, we were all tired of eating fast food, the house looked like a tornado had blown through it. I came home from work one day and DH was cleaning! He was working on the kitchen, had laundry going, so I picked up the living room and started vacuuming. He got the hint that I wasn't going to do it by myself and still to this day, he helps out.

sassy711
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 5:35 PM

Oh yeah you're pissed, with every right.  But you have to be careful not to fall into that supermom trap of working all day and then coming home and working all night.  You can't do it all so you will have to lower your expectations. 

You can do it all for them..and then become more angry and resentful.  You can sit them both down and give them a speech about you working and how it's disrespectful for them to expect you to work and do all the housework considering they're both capable to doing the items on the list.  Give them the speech and they will probably ignore you and then you are back as square 1 doing it all yourself.

Tell them that you've picked up once, and if the house looks like that again when you come home, you'll handle it again...this time with a BIG garbage bag.  Everything will go into 1 large gargabe bag, socks, shoes, clean laundry, dirty laundry, soda cans, school books etc.. They can then find that garbage bag on the back porch and have fun plowing through it to get their stuff.  If you have to do it a second time tell them the garbage will go into the garbage cans. 

The thing is that you've done it all and now they won't unless you make in an inconvenience for them.  I threatened this to my skids, who laughed it off.  My kids told them "hey she's serious, she's done it to us before".  That was enough.  Stand firm mama, they can't walk over you unless you give them permission.  Good luck

rose0919
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 5:51 PM

i wont have a day off till monday. on monday i have a funeral, then tuesday another wake and wed funeral. then  back to work again till lord knows when i will have another day off. lord knows when i will get my christmas shopping done. still no tree, house isnt even ready for one. at this point i just might open a bottle of wine and say fuck it all!

Tigress22304
by Platinum Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 6:00 PM
3 moms liked this

Do you just wanna come celebrate Christmas with us?!

I'm not even gonna begin to offer solutions because its shit you ALREADY know :)

andie646c
by Silver Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 6:03 PM
1 mom liked this

A bottle of wine sounds lovely ;)

rose0919
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 6:11 PM

i have steam comming out of my ears and he is doing a puzzel on his laptop!!! and dd is watching tv. im ready to blow your gonna hear in in nj!

Quoting Tigress22304:

Do you just wanna come celebrate Christmas with us?!

I'm not even gonna begin to offer solutions because its shit you ALREADY know :)

lovemyfriend
by Bronze Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 6:21 PM
2 moms liked this

Reminds me of this little story:

A man came home from work and found his three children outside, still in their pajamas, playing in the mud, with empty food boxes and wrappers strewn all around the front yard.

The door of his wife’s car was open, as was the front door to the house and there was no sign of the dog.

Proceeding into the entry, he found an even bigger mess. A lamp had been knocked over, and the throw rug was wadded against one wall.

In the front room the TV was loudly blaring a cartoon channel, and the family room was strewn with toys and various items of clothing.

In the kitchen, dishes filled the sink, breakfast food was spilled on the counter, the fridge door was open wide, dog food was spilled on the floor, a broken glass lay under the table, and a small pile of sand was spread by the back door.

He quickly headed up the stairs, stepping over toys and more piles of clothes, looking for his wife. He was worried she might be ill, or that something serious had happened.

He was met with a small trickle of water as it made its way out the bathroom door.

As he peered inside he found wet towels, scummy soap, and more toys strewn over the floor. Miles of toilet paper lay in a heap and toothpaste had been smeared over the mirror and walls.

As he rushed to the bedroom, he found his wife still curled up in the bed in her pajamas, reading a novel.

She looked up at him, smiled, and asked how his day went. He looked at her bewildered and asked:

“What happened here today?’”

She again smiled and answered, “You know every day when you come home from work and you ask me what in the world I do all day?”

“Yes,” was his incredulous reply.

She answered, ‘”Well, today I didn’t do it.”

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)