Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

just want to get this off my chest

Posted by   + Show Post

So to put a long story in a short one here goes. My husband and I got together 2years ago and we just got married in June. From the time his youngest daughter was 3 months and son was 1year his ex left him with all 4 children and gave him sole custudy of all 4  of the kids in the divorce. only paying $100 a month in cs. A month before our wedding she filed  a op on my husband saying he beat his son that is now 10 and dcfs was called to the house it was unfounded. we had to go to court the day before our wedding just to get the kids for the wedding. whitch we got. in order to get her to drop the op he gave her temp  custudy until the battle was over. when the order was entered we only got saturday from 9am-8am one weekend the next is sunday from 9 am to 4pm us driving no over night visits cuz she is saying it isnt safe. On the day before thanksgiving she asked if he could take them  the time they was out of school so they stayed with us for 5 days and we took them home on sunday at 8pm. then this past weekend she let us have them friday-sunday.. I am so confused if you thought that your kids was being hurt would you send them to that place i know that I wouldnt. i forgot to tell you she has no job and both kids sleep on the floor and my hubby pays her $193 a week to support the kids cuz she told the judge that she cant afford them.. Any thoughts on what all we should do to prove that she is lieing and just wants money

Sarah

by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 10:26 PM
Replies (31-39):
Sunivondea
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 9:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Poor kids. Abandoned by mom and given away by dad. :(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
rose0919
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 9:55 PM
1 mom liked this

well you are my woman!!!!

Quoting sandeeyo:

Wow Rose, you better quit saying what I'm saying before people think that we're the same person! LOL

Quoting rose0919:

how does she bring them to court? i have seen the judge tell the kids to wait in the hall. none of this makes any sense. it seems as if your lawyer is an idiot .

Quoting sarahsue2012:

we have told them that they dont have to choose but she keeps telling the kids they have to choose and she takes them to court everytime we go.. and he gets the money cuz she is saying that she has no money or income so the judge seen it as her only income cuz she wouldnt get on disablity.she is getting a large settlement cuz she keeps going to differnt doc for surgery.. 

E_is_4_Ethan
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:46 PM
2 moms liked this

OH GOOD GOD... this post is all kinds of crazy!

margarita time

singsinshower
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:13 AM
1 mom liked this

Sarah,

I feel your pain, when you are trying to explain something that sounds crazy because........it happens to be kinda crazy. I go through this sort of thing myself. Welcome to step parenting. banging head into wall

E_is_4_Ethan
by Platinum Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:16 AM

Wait! You know why her DH gave up the kids? You understand this post?

Do tell....

Quoting singsinshower:

Sarah,

I feel your pain, when you are trying to explain something that sounds crazy because........it happens to be kinda crazy. I go through this sort of thing myself. Welcome to step parenting. banging head into wall

liltigersmom
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:26 AM

why is he, entitled to the settlement money, they haven't been together for a long time.

The reason that she is doing this is because of money and she doesnt want to pay. she got in a wreak 4 years ago and is getting a settlement out of it and the judge had it set that before she sees a dime he gets 32% of the amout and it pissed her off.

Replies:

soonergirl980
by Gold Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:18 AM

heres where you went wrong in your story you say SHE scheduled the court date the day before your wedding...I'm sorry in every dealing i've ever had with the court system never once did they say hey does this date work for you. No it's always show up here at this time and this day. I'm sorry but the moment that you say "she set the court date the day before our wedding" you loose all credibility.

E_is_4_Ethan
by Platinum Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:56 AM

Yep, that got me too...along with many other things.

Quoting soonergirl980:

heres where you went wrong in your story you say SHE scheduled the court date the day before your wedding...I'm sorry in every dealing i've ever had with the court system never once did they say hey does this date work for you. No it's always show up here at this time and this day. I'm sorry but the moment that you say "she set the court date the day before our wedding" you loose all credibility.

sarahsue2012
by Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:33 PM

Quoting soonergirl980:

sorry we set that court date not her.. i really dont know how  to expain it anybetter without it sounding more jacked up!! we are fighting to get them and we go to court monday to get a court date set up for custody. bm's lawyer is stalling.. we are putting all the money we have to get them back home. i agree with alot of you that it seems like he just gave up and gave her the kids but he didnt we do alot of overtime to pay lawyer fees and we would work 24/7 if we have to.. as for the settlement i know that everyone is confused but as someone without a income so says that is her only income that she has at this time so they put a injuction on it until she gets a job before she gets the money.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)