Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Already booked family vacation for this summer!! I'm way ahead of schedule...

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:53 AM
  • 12 Replies

The kids told us last night where they wanted to go (different than where I wanted to go, but oh well, I was out voted! Haha!). So I just called to inquire about rooms, prices, and such at this destination. I had certain dates in mind already, but they were almost full already for the summer months! That's crazy, it's just December. SO I had finally had to ask what was available and pick from there, but I did book it so that we will be going where our kids want to go. All 3 of our kids will be excited, can't wait to tell them!

I just can't believe I had to book our family vacation for July in December so that we will have a room. It's Nuts!!

by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Chibi_Kitten
by Krystal on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:33 AM

That is crazy!!! However, the sooner you book, the cheaper, right? So you've probably saved a ton of money, in addition to ensuring you have a room.

My oldest stepson and his fiance have set their wedding date for July 2014 and are already looking to book the places they want to have the wedding and reception. I know it's different than booking a vacation but still, the sooner you book, the better. :)

I hope you all have a ton of fun!

MomGoingCrazy78
by Lindy Lou on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:38 AM
1 mom liked this

I wish it was cheaper! We have stayed at this place before during Spring Break and it was cheaper then. I guess being during the summer months makes prices go up anyway. Oh well, it's done and I can check that off of my list- I usually start looking for vacation ideas around February. Now I don't have to worry with it! Heck I'll have the entire thing paid for before we even go- YEAH!!

Quoting Chibi_Kitten:

That is crazy!!! However, the sooner you book, the cheaper, right? So you've probably saved a ton of money, in addition to ensuring you have a room.

My oldest stepson and his fiance have set their wedding date for July 2014 and are already looking to book the places they want to have the wedding and reception. I know it's different than booking a vacation but still, the sooner you book, the better. :)

I hope you all have a ton of fun!

raerae725
by Silver Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 1:39 PM

Yay for one less headache.  I wish I was better at planning.  Where are you going?

jessiesluv
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 1:42 PM

Yay for you.

I don't want to book anything this early. Too many people losing jobs around here.

MomGoingCrazy78
by Lindy Lou on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:03 PM
1 mom liked this

A woodsy retreat in Missouri, called Big Cedar Lodge. It's off of Table Rock Lake. The kids LOVE it!

Quoting raerae725:

Yay for one less headache.  I wish I was better at planning.  Where are you going?

MomGoingCrazy78
by Lindy Lou on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:08 PM

Sorry to hear that.

I wasn't planning on booking either, just get some options. Figured I'd better book what they had before nothing was left. Our kids only get a vacation once a year with DH and I. BM and my ex don't take the kids if they go anywhere. So our kids look forward to it every year, that's why we basically let them pick the destination since it's for them.

Quoting jessiesluv:

Yay for you.

I don't want to book anything this early. Too many people losing jobs around here.

TempestRayne
by Donna on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:09 PM
Cool.
adamsmom0116
by Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:47 PM

YAY! I love planning vacations this far ahead! Gives everyone lots to look forward to!

....ClvrScn.
by Silver Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:09 PM
I am horrible. I booked our annual mini vacation for march - in May. Each year, we go to the great wolf lodge for a long weekend, when it will still be cold here in Ohio, but we are ready to go swimming.

My to,e is already put in at work too.
Charli627
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:15 PM

I hope we can go on a vacation this year

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured