Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Should A Stepparent Refer To Their Stepchildren As Their Own?

Posted by   + Show Post

LeAnn Rimes, Brandi Glanville: Should A Stepparent Refer To Their Stepchildren As Their Own?

So much for a social media truce. Late last week, the Twitter feud between LeAnn Rimes and Brandi Glanville was reignited when the country singer took to Twitter to share her weekend plans with her followers.

"Flying out with my boys in a few hrs," Rimes tweeted on Nov. 30, referring to husband Eddie Cibrian’s two sons with Glanville. "Love that it's a family tour weekend. It's always more fun when they are with me."

The tweet didn't go over well with Glanville, whom Cibrian split from in 2009 after having an extramarital affair with Rimes.

"Someone is trying 2 get under my skin by calling MY children "her boys" Sooo transparent! They R MY boys, Eddie Boys and ur step-sons... 4 now," Glanville tweeted on Dec. 1.

The Twitter feud sparked further conversation on HuffPost Divorce's Facebook page, where step-moms and bio-moms alike chimed in with their thoughts on whether step-parents like Rimes should refer to their step-kids as their own.

by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:06 PM
Replies (31-40):
momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:32 PM
Here is a funny one:

When my son is bad, he is 'YOUR son'. When he is an angel he is all mine lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angelmommy2806
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:37 PM
In our stitch I usually say "our" kids. SS11 was very offended when I pointed out he was a step, and I asked him what he would like me to say. I Don't say it around Bm or anytime to start drama.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angelmommy2806
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:39 PM
Dh and I do this! Ds is 2 and lately he's been Dh's son lol.

Quoting momof2ex1:

Here is a funny one:

When my son is bad, he is 'YOUR son'. When he is an angel he is all mine lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tiredmama42
by Silver Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:58 AM

I have no respect for LeAnn Rimes She s a homewrecker.  Bad enough she caused Brandi to lose her marriage she doesnt need comments rubbed in her face.  Its one tig f she referred to "my boys"  personally to friends etc.. dont do it on a public forum LeAnn knows it will start trouble she must love the drama she creates.    

ladyk86
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:56 AM

they are your stepkids are they not, which makes them your kids. your just leaving the "step" out. 

packermomof2
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 12:15 PM

Leaving the 'step' out is incorrect.  Like telling people you're your Sk's mom... you're just leaving the "step" out, but you're not the mom...

brandyemom
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 5:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Every step parent is a parent!  They should love their SS as their own.  BM should be happy to have someone that is good to their kids. 

packermomof2
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 6:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting brandyemom:

Every step parent is a parent!  They should love their SS as their own.  BM should be happy to have someone that is good to their kids. 

The trifecta!!  All the crap in one small post.. awesome job.

elisesmom922
by Silver Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 8:07 PM

If I am out and about alone with the kids, and people aske if these are my kids, I generally say yes. Its just easier. That being said, they are strangers and don't really care, they are just being nosy. Everyone we know knows that SD isn't mine. DH, on the other hand, goes into "these are her, this one's mine, and he's ours" every single time someone asks. BM here isn't offended, so I guess its something I never really think on.

addyangel
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 9:37 PM

I include SD in the general "my kids" or "my girls". I've helped raise her since she was 16 months old and she has called me mom, momma, or mommy since she was 2 1/2 (she's 9 now). But I also don't feel that it is anyone else's business if she is my DD or SD and I don't owe anyone an explanation. It's just easier for me to refer to them all as my kids instead of my daughters and my stepdaughter.

ETA: That being said, I can't stand LeAnn Rimes, I think she's horrible.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

To become a mother is a monumental decision. It is to decide to forever let your heart go walking arouond outside your body.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN