Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Blasting ex or bm on Facebook - generation gap?

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 4:10 PM
  • 57 Replies
Do you would you blast your ex or bm specifically on Facebook?
Every time I see someone post something like that I lose respect for them and think worse of them then whatever misdeed the other party supposedly committed. It is now socially acceptable to do such a thing? I get venting here and to your friends and privately but to me blasting on fb is like having a public fight it makes you look less than.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 4:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
faerie75
by Platinum Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 4:11 PM

no way would i. it looks childish. and i hate couples who argue on fb as well.

Derdriu
by Gold Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 4:13 PM

I don't even have a FB.  The reason is because I got sick of everyone else's petty drama and oversharing.  Back in the day when I did have an account, I never blasted anyone.  If I have a problem with someone, I tend to take it directly to them to sort out.  Peanut galleries are annoying.

TS9509
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 4:14 PM
No I think that's just ridiculous. I can see a vent here and there but nothing other than that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TempestRayne
by Donna on Dec. 5, 2012 at 4:17 PM
I do not blast them on fb.
Meg10
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 4:19 PM

My DH's BM does that to me all the time. Although in person she has said hi once and pretty much ignores me the rest of the time. So I am not quite sure how she talks crap when she knows NOTHING about me.

MommySabs
by Gold Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 4:20 PM
See that how I feel. There is a girl who in detail lists bf faults and has been co'ed to not talk about her ex on fb anymore. I gently suggested that if doesn't behave properly she needs to be the adult the good example and she was making herself look bad by ripping him a new one on fb. She acted like I was from mars. 'im venting to my friends'. Then call or text them if your are putting it on fb you are playing the pity card IMO.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
saywhat2102
by Gold Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 4:21 PM
No facebook hahahaha :-D
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy4000
by Bronze Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 4:23 PM

I'm too much of a private person to air my personal business on something like FB. I actually don't even have an account. I feel like bashing someone in that way, makes me look bad, not them.

Troubleswife
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 4:25 PM
Yup.

Quoting faerie75:

no way would i. it looks childish. and i hate couples who argue on fb as well.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CKuse
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 4:30 PM
I may post a vague vent but no one knows bm and our business to know whether i post anything about her or not. My mom and sister and here are the only places I go to really spill my feelings. I agree calling people out specifically and arguing on fb is tacky
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)