Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

10 year olds suck

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:59 PM
  • 16 Replies
10 year olds suck. I am not ready for sd's teen years. I went to therapy with her and bm. We had to talk about the incident over Thanksgiving. She raised her voice, called me a liar, told me her dad said that she did behave (which was a lie), had the most disrespectful attitude. Then got fussed out by bm because I stood my ground and told bm what was said. Bm was so pissed that her whole face turned red and the vein was popping out her forehead. She then apologized to me for jumping in and correcting SD. I said it was fine and that I appreciated that she backed me up. She said it really pissed her off when she herd SD said all that. She was tired of SD blaming everyone else when she causes problems and she is the reason that she doesn't get to do fun things.
She agrees 10 year olds suck. I feel much better knowing that yet again bm wasn't talking smack and that SD was just trying to play us. Not that it is a good thing. Just a good thing that we are in agrement.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rocknmom85
by Silver Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:46 PM
2 moms liked this
11 or 12 isnt much better, my 11yr old SD is full of drama and emotional mood swings. I also kinda dread her teen years but I can only hope and pray for the best.
Derdriu
by Gold Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:04 PM
1 mom liked this
And then they turn 13.

SD is her emotion. Happy? The world knows. Unhappy? The world suffers. And she's not a morning person. There have beens mornings on the way to school that I thought about pulling over and letting her walk. If she were mine, I would.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tlj63
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:13 PM
1 mom liked this
And then they turn 14, 15, & so on... I predict she gets worse before better. Sorry about that but I've been there. My SD is now 18 - I have been a SM since she was 9. She has been the most challenging/difficult person I've known ( besides her M) lol. Best advice - dont take the bs to heart. As hard as it is to do for them & get crapped on- they r kids- they don't get it!!! Be kind & let the crap go.
rose0919
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:49 PM
1 mom liked this

yeah they do right up to 40!  it doesnt matter if they are boys or girls. they all have their moments and so do dh's.!

MommySabs
by Gold Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:55 PM
I have a ds10 and I agree lol! Dss was rough when he was 10 also, now he is better but the big puberty bus is heading into the station!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommySabs
by Gold Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:55 PM
I have a ds10 and I agree lol! Dss was rough when he was 10 also, now he is better but the big puberty bus is heading into the station!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LittleMama2012
by Silver Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:55 PM
I guess everyone does have their moments. She seems to have more than her fair share. Lol. Ds4 seems to know everything these days. He cracks me up.

Quoting rose0919:

yeah they do right up to 40!  it doesnt matter if they are boys or girls. they all have their moments and so do dh's.!

tiredmama42
by Silver Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:09 AM

I am sorry your dealing with this but relieved to hear its not just me.  I had the worst night ever with my DS 10 last night.. .. he was so disrespectful and was screaming at me .. always has to have the last word... he does not take responsiblity for his actions and twists things so its always someone elses fault.  So made him write a essay about why he should have christmas (thats what the arguement was about)  even in the essay he was getting the last word it was even more upseting. 

sassy711
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:14 AM

While the situation sucks (pre teen years for a female are bad, but teen age is worse), you are fortunate that BM is backing you up.  This has or will teach SD that by playing the adults, she'll get burned.  Maybe SD will learn a lesson from all of this.  Good luck.

LittleMama2012
by Silver Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:23 AM
Sd10 has to write sentences. It is the only punishment that seems to work for any amount of time.

Quoting tiredmama42:

I am sorry your dealing with this but relieved to hear its not just me.  I had the worst night ever with my DS 10 last night.. .. he was so disrespectful and was screaming at me .. always has to have the last word... he does not take responsiblity for his actions and twists things so its always someone elses fault.  So made him write a essay about why he should have christmas (thats what the arguement was about)  even in the essay he was getting the last word it was even more upseting. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)