Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central
10 year olds suck. I am not ready for sd's teen years. I went to therapy with her and bm. We had to talk about the incident over Thanksgiving. She raised her voice, called me a liar, told me her dad said that she did behave (which was a lie), had the most disrespectful attitude. Then got fussed out by bm because I stood my ground and told bm what was said. Bm was so pissed that her whole face turned red and the vein was popping out her forehead. She then apologized to me for jumping in and correcting SD. I said it was fine and that I appreciated that she backed me up. She said it really pissed her off when she herd SD said all that. She was tired of SD blaming everyone else when she causes problems and she is the reason that she doesn't get to do fun things.
She agrees 10 year olds suck. I feel much better knowing that yet again bm wasn't talking smack and that SD was just trying to play us. Not that it is a good thing. Just a good thing that we are in agrement.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:59 PM
Replies (11-16):
LittleMama2012
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:25 AM
Yes it is a bit surprising to me that she is behind me. Dh went off on her a few months back. I think that had something to do with it. I realize that kids will have smart mouths, but SD takes it to extreme. I also informed them of the new baby and that my dad is coming to stay with us for awhile. It will be a lot of changes and she is going to have to act her age or suffer the consequences.

Quoting sassy711:

While the situation sucks (pre teen years for a female are bad, but teen age is worse), you are fortunate that BM is backing you up.  This has or will teach SD that by playing the adults, she'll get burned.  Maybe SD will learn a lesson from all of this.  Good luck.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tiredmama42
by Silver Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:28 AM

Quoting LittleMama2012:

Sd10 has to write sentences. It is the only punishment that seems to work for any amount of time.

Quoting tiredmama42:

I am sorry your dealing with this but relieved to hear its not just me.  I had the worst night ever with my DS 10 last night.. .. he was so disrespectful and was screaming at me .. always has to have the last word... he does not take responsiblity for his actions and twists things so its always someone elses fault.  So made him write a essay about why he should have christmas (thats what the arguement was about)  even in the essay he was getting the last word it was even more upseting. 

He said he had no homework last night.  He wrote the essay.  This morning he admits he had homework but couldnt do it because I made him do the essay.. all moms fault.  Big sigh..

Mommy0505
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:45 AM
YUuuup!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lunatic6997
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 12:00 PM

My ds was a great, great kid until he turned 10...worst age!

OkieMommyOf6
by Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 12:07 PM

i know what you mean!! i have a 10 yr old that has an attitude from HELL!! every time one of her sisters have a birthday i hear "well thats not fair" "why does she get that?", when she knows good and well why one of her little sisters get what they get when they get it. I have 6 kids total so we dont do the gifts whenever knowing that there is a birthday every 2 to 3 months at our house along with 4 christmas every year. so my kids are well spoiled one way or another. but yet its still "not fair" to my 10 yr old. this past two weeks she has had an attitude from hell and i have been telling her to stop it or she really will think its not fair when she gets punished. well tuesday she found out how serious i was when two of her sisters went to basketball practice and she was unable to. it was then that she wanted to be good and stop her attitude, which i knew it would only be good until the next day so i told her to prove to me that day and the next practice she could go to if she stop her attitude. the sad thing is i have 5 daughters and 1 son so if im lucky i will only have to go through this 4 more times.

andie646c
by Silver Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 12:09 PM

Eh, they do that crap ... and it does suck, lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN