Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Anyone have any experience with this?

Posted by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:58 AM
  • 18 Replies

If the BF is convicted of a child sex crime, do you know how visitation would be ordered after they are out of prison? Has anyone is this group have experience with anything like this?

by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sassy711
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:01 AM

No experience with this, but I recommend consulting an attorney.  This is really serious and you need to know what can be done to protect the child from this predator.  It may be that supervised visits would be approved by the court, but get ahead of this issue now to ensure the safety of the child.  Good luck.

rebeccasmly
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:07 AM

Emergency sole custody was granted to the BM with a no contact order in place. The BF has been charged but not yet been to trial. The investigators have said it is an open and shut case and that BF has already done a written confession concerning one of the charges. We are trying to get ahead of this now before he gets out of jail on bond or anything even though there is an emergency order in place. BM is very concerned at this point though about visitation later on. I'm hoping to find someone that may have had some experience with this so I can reassure her or let her start preparing. We have been in contact with an attorney but not about this yet as we just heard last night what he is being charged with.

Quoting sassy711:

No experience with this, but I recommend consulting an attorney.  This is really serious and you need to know what can be done to protect the child from this predator.  It may be that supervised visits would be approved by the court, but get ahead of this issue now to ensure the safety of the child.  Good luck.

needsupport100
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:21 AM

my fiance is going through this right now. and i am cp with him.

long story short, child sex crime against sd happened in bm's care, to sd when sd was 4. bm agreed to giving fiance' custody to keep him from going after custody and risking custody of her other kids.

well, just recently, another crime happened to her youngest daughter, she has lost all rights to sd as of right now, and her other 2 children have been removed from her house until investigation is complete

one of her kids is in state custody and according to bm will remain in state custody for the rest of his life. so far all the evidence is pointing to her son who is 12 with a LOT of mental disorders including agression, bipolar, you name it A DANGEROUS kid

MommySabs
by Gold Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:23 AM
I assumed those were the crimes you had previously referred to - how sad for bm and child.
I would get her to an attorney ASAP and get something in writing concerning custody right now and then see what they say about visitation. I have a hard time believing bf would get visitation though supervised could happen. Depends on the judge. There was an instance in my county were a judge gave a convicted child sex predator supervised visitation and the patents assaulted the child during one such visit. The judge no longer has his position.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rebeccasmly
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:31 AM

There is an emergency sole custody order in place along with a no contact order. When we met with the investigators, they recommended her file as soon as she made it here so that is what we did. I would hope he would never be able to have the chance to hurt their child but I know judges have made orders before that leave me speechless. The acts were not against their child but there is fear that one day as she gets older that he could.

Quoting MommySabs:

I assumed those were the crimes you had previously referred to - how sad for bm and child.
I would get her to an attorney ASAP and get something in writing concerning custody right now and then see what they say about visitation. I have a hard time believing bf would get visitation though supervised could happen. Depends on the judge. There was an instance in my county were a judge gave a convicted child sex predator supervised visitation and the patents assaulted the child during one such visit. The judge no longer has his position.

Refurbished
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 12:13 PM

Wow, that's awful.  That's got to be hard watching your SD go through that.

Quoting needsupport100:

long story short, child sex crime against sd happened in bm's care, to sd when sd was 4. bm agreed to giving fiance' custody to keep him from going after custody and risking custody of her other kids.

well, just recently, another crime happened to her youngest daughter, she has lost all rights to sd as of right now, and her other 2 children have been removed from her house until investigation is complete

one of her kids is in state custody and according to bm will remain in state custody for the rest of his life. so far all the evidence is pointing to her son who is 12 with a LOT of mental disorders including agression, bipolar, you name it A DANGEROUS kid

needsupport100
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 12:21 PM

Quoting Refurbished:

Wow, that's awful.  That's got to be hard watching your SD go through that.

The hardest part is she is adhd, and they are testing her for other mental issues (runs heavy on bm's side). so really the hardest part is knowing that she's (rightfully so) mad at her bm, but doesn't comprehend how to release her anger or talk about feelings in a healthy way. The school is well aware of what is going on because sd acts out a little at school.

I think the hardest part is when she asks me "why" questions about her bm but doesn't really get it when i tell her i can't answer for bm, i wasn't there, i'm not the appropriate person to ask.

by the time she DOES get to see bm again, it'll probably be a year. it's been 4 months, and the DHS investigation is STILL going

TempestRayne
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:11 PM
Whoa.
saywhat2102
by Gold Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:14 PM
Lawyer up asap! How awful :-( all the best!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rebeccasmly
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:23 PM

I don't know how I missed this earlier, sorry. I am so sorry for your SD. That is absolutely horrible. I hope the kids can recover from this. Is BM allowed to have any contact with the children?

Thank God nothing happened to my niece but I feel sorry for the child we know about and her family. The investigators are almost convinced there are others. They are still checking out his electronics so who knows what they will find. During the search warrant, they found an external harddrive my sil didn't even know about and a 2nd laptop. I'm scared for what they will find on them. :-(

Quoting needsupport100:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN