Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Venting about SS

Posted by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 7:09 PM
  • 42 Replies

Ok i just need to vent...I dont know why this pissed me off like it has but it just did. Went shopping a week ago and I bought myself a camo shirt (I never buy anything) 8 year old SS (who I raise alone) got a new fancy belt, nice gloves and a hat that he didnt need.. while checking out he picks up my shirt and says "oh thanks I love camo". First off we were there with my nephews who all got things as well so the fact that he feels entitled to everything and anything is really annoying me...second off he made a comment when i picked it up and said he wanted one to which I told him its a girls top your not getting one. I reminded him it was mine and not his and he said no way its too small to fit me! It's his SIZE! It just so happens that I fit in his shirts and his feet are already bigger than mine. Anyway almost a week later I put on my new shirt for the first time well he comes home from school and was flipping out Hey! thats my shirt! hey and starts picking at the shirt like he's going to lift it off me? IDK what the heck he was doing but i kelp calm and told him once again that it was my shirt and asked him what camo shirt do you have that im wearing?!? That's because he doesnt have one... I love him to death but I'm getting so sick of giving up everything so that he has "more" not even like he "needs" any of the extra ontop of extra that he is showered with. All I know is if I had done that to my mom she would have popped the crap out of me lol

by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 7:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rose0919
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 7:55 PM
1 mom liked this

why are you raising him? where are his parents?

Refurbished
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 7:58 PM
1 mom liked this

He's a kid.  Kids step all over normal boundaries, and you just have to keep correcting him.  Eventually he will get it. 

feliciasmith
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 7:59 PM

Quoting rose0919:

saywhat2102
by Gold Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:01 PM
1 mom liked this
1st off how are you raising your stepson alone? And trust me! My stepson and I wear the same size shirt. He loves the same teams I do along with my added extra ncaa basketball team. So what's the big deal?! He knows he can't wear my express clothes and wouldn't dare touch anything in pink so.....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
saywhat2102
by Gold Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:07 PM
I know right! Couldn't type this fast enough on my phone lol damn these dishes! Tee hee babe :-D

Quoting rose0919:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kathleenplus1
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:11 PM

His BM is not in the picture and DH job has him home 3days a month and gone the rest. He is an only child so he's a wee bit on the spoiled side...Great kid most of the time. I just get frustrated because I grew up with nothing...like nothing and I was damn grateful for it too...I wouldnt have dreamed of trying to give my mom a side ways look over anything she ever bought herself much less pitch a fit over it and say it was mine...idk i'll get over it lol

Quoting rose0919:

Kathleenplus1
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:15 PM

Too true...I'm still kinda new at this I have no kids of my own so a lot and i do mean a lot of the things that kids do I had no clue! lol

Quoting Refurbished:

He's a kid.  Kids step all over normal boundaries, and you just have to keep correcting him.  Eventually he will get it. 

Kathleenplus1
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:24 PM

Idk It's not like we dont buy him everything and anything he wants and to top it off this shirt is obviouslyfor a woman v-neck and all... he's been having min melt downs over lil stuff like food. Even his dad jumped his butt for it. Just makes me feel like crap because I used to be "spoiled" by myself because i had a great paying job that I quit to marry his dad and take care of SS...now I'm buying him the cute new tops and shoes and really missing life before lol

Quoting saywhat2102:

1st off how are you raising your stepson alone? And trust me! My stepson and I wear the same size shirt. He loves the same teams I do along with my added extra ncaa basketball team. So what's the big deal?! He knows he can't wear my express clothes and wouldn't dare touch anything in pink so.....

pdxmum
by Ruby Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:55 PM

You need to find a parenting group/coach/book.  You are a kid yourself and need some help and guidance.

Refurbished
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Kids are just obnoxious little people.  God made them adorably cute as a survival mechanism.

I can understand that it's hard when you haven't had your own so you don't have that frame of reference.  While the shirt thing was probably really irritating, it's pretty normal kid behavior.  They just don't understand the boundaries and don't have a filter.  When my kids keep asking me the same question over and over, I usually just say, "I've already answered this question."  If you keep explaining, that leaves the window open for negotiation.

Quoting Kathleenplus1:

Too true...I'm still kinda new at this I have no kids of my own so a lot and i do mean a lot of the things that kids do I had no clue! lol

Quoting Refurbished:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN