Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Seriously..

Posted by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:34 PM
  • 27 Replies
So SS came over tonight. DH thought he was off work but they called him in. He and SS went to the Christmas tree arm and cut down our tree and found out on his way home he had to work. So he left SS with me. Well bm pitched a fit and wanted SS to call so I had him call her. And she was on the phone saying how DH was stupid and this and that and that she was gonna have to call an get on him for having to work. All the while SS is defending DH saying he didn't know he had to work and that he can't magically come home from work right now. It's just sad. Especially since she goes on and on about how she doesn't talk bad about DH to SS when she outright called him stupid and said other things too. I heard her on speaker phone. Vent over.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pdxmum
by Platinum Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:37 PM

How did BM find out?

MRLAdy
by Bronze Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:40 PM
I'm assuming when she called DH to talk to ss

Quoting pdxmum:

How did BM find out?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kathleenplus1
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:44 PM

Thats sad...just sad. How very mature of your SS :) I think she needs to take a good look in the mirror and remind herself that as a mother its her job to shelter her son from drama not bring it to his attention and try to create it... *hug*

MRLAdy
by Bronze Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:48 PM
They did spend the whole afternoon together. Its not like dh disnt see him at all. They went and picked out and cut down the tree together. I'm sure it was fun I'm sad I missed it, but I was at work. :(

Quoting Kathleenplus1:

Thats sad...just sad. How very mature of your SS :) I think she needs to take a good look in the mirror and remind herself that as a mother its her job to shelter her son from drama not bring it to his attention and try to create it... *hug*

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kathleenplus1
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:51 PM
1 mom liked this

She should be ecstatic that her son has a father who is involved and provides... so many families dont have that luxury.

Quoting MRLAdy:

They did spend the whole afternoon together. Its not like dh disnt see him at all. They went and picked out and cut down the tree together. I'm sure it was fun I'm sad I missed it, but I was at work. :(

Quoting Kathleenplus1:

Tinkerbellmama
by Platinum Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Well, if it's DH's court ordered time with SS, she doesn't have a say in who watches him unless she has ROFR.

Glad DH and SS got to go out and get the tree and spend the afternoon together. Maybe you could make SS some hot chocolate and let him watch a movie and have some popcorn and just hang out tonight. 

MRLAdy
by Bronze Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:16 PM
I did let him hang out we were gonna decorate the tree but since DH wasn't here we didn't. I took him to chic fil a and he got to make a Christmas ornament and they gave him a balloon. He got to watch spongebob Christmas he was very happy

Quoting Tinkerbellmama:

Well, if it's DH's court ordered time with SS, she doesn't have a say in who watches him unless she has ROFR.

Glad DH and SS got to go out and get the tree and spend the afternoon together. Maybe you could make SS some hot chocolate and let him watch a movie and have some popcorn and just hang out tonight. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
packermomof2
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:28 PM

I think it is stupid that you need a CO to tell you to let the oP have the time with the kid whenever whose time it is can't be there... All he had to do was tell mom his job called him in and ask him if she wants to come get the child and that he'll pick him back up when he is done or later on.. 

MRLAdy
by Bronze Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:34 PM
Bm doesn't drive and is working herself. She works all night. DH should be in his way home now its 930. He has only been gone 3-4 hours. DH had to go to work in a hurry because of not knowing he had to be there, he was already running late. If she had wanted to come get him that would have been fine. But she's at work too.

Quoting packermomof2:

I think it is stupid that you need a CO to tell you to let the oP have the time with the kid whenever whose time it is can't be there... All he had to do was tell mom his job called him in and ask him if she wants to come get the child and that he'll pick him back up when he is done or later on.. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ladyk86
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:57 PM

wow!!   does he pay child support? if so i would have made her feel very small and asked her how he is suppose to pay child support to her when shes pitching a fit about him working. lol. But all the same i can understand that she was upset bc that time that he had to go into work he could have informed her and asked her since he got called into work if she would have liked that time to spend with SS. and if not then SS stayed with you. But she did not have a right to pitch a fit in front of SS. That is between BM and BF. and that I would have definitly made known to her. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)