Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

is it wrong of me?

Posted by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 2:16 AM
  • 35 Replies

Well me and my fiance have decided to get engagement pictures. I mentioned to him that we should also get pictures of his kids and him. He wants a family photo with all four of us in it. now it made me smile but at the same time i had this feeling that i was doing something wrong. I feel that i shouldnt be in the picture cuz im not thier mom and i know that BM would freak out about it. Im not sure what to think. I think that i shouldnt be in the picture with them. Would it be wrong to get a family picture?

by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 2:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 2:18 AM
5 moms liked this
You don't have to be their mom to be a member of your husband's family. It isn't about being mom. Your looking at this the wrong way. You are not replacing mom by marrying dad. You are just an addition to dad's family. And the children are a part of that family.

I personally do not care that my ex and his wife have done 'family' photos. They are a family. It doesn't make her my child's mom just because she takes a picture with my kid.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lizziB21
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 2:22 AM

ya you got point. his kids see me as family his daughter has tried to call me mommy. guess i was thinking about it to much. thanks that makes me feel better.

weaveress
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 2:29 AM
1 mom liked this

i think it would be awkward to hang it up in the your home and you to be missing. so I would totally take family pics with the kids. 

mamakenzi
by Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 2:30 AM
No it's not wrong to get a family photo. That's really silly. Your and fiancé are a family, the kids are members of that family.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
leegirl_jm
by Platinum Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 4:55 AM
No, the picture isn't wrong, even if you weren't getting married.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lnr187
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 6:53 AM
1 mom liked this

it's not wrong at all. you are getting married and will be a step mom. mom shouldn't get mad. what will happen when you have kids together? you're gonna stay out of all pictures that include the stepkids? go for it. have a nice family photo done :) you are a family now.

LittleMama2012
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 7:10 AM
It is not wrong. We took family photos last year at Christmas. No you are not the SC mom, but you will be step mom. You are all a family. Family's work better when everyone works together. It would be odd to not include the children or not include yourself. Don't think about it so hard. You are not replacing mom, you are adding to the family that includes their father.
TempestRayne
by Donna on Dec. 7, 2012 at 7:12 AM
Quoting lnr187:

it's not wrong at all. you are getting married and will be a step mom. mom shouldn't get mad. what will happen when you have kids together? you're gonna stay out of all pictures that include the stepkids? go for it. have a nice family photo done :) you are a family now.

tiredmama42
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 7:21 AM
2 moms liked this

Its not wrong at all.  When I did it we had our family pic then had pictures of just the kids and gave the BM pics of the ones with just the kids in them.    You have rights too.. being a step mom doesnt make you less worthy to be happy and do what you want.   Just dont twitter saying they are your kids..lol

Charli627
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:30 AM

Quoting momof2ex1:

You don't have to be their mom to be a member of your husband's family. It isn't about being mom. Your looking at this the wrong way. You are not replacing mom by marrying dad. You are just an addition to dad's family. And the children are a part of that family.

I personally do not care that my ex and his wife have done 'family' photos. They are a family. It doesn't make her my child's mom just because she takes a picture with my kid.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)