Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Well me and my fiance have decided to get engagement pictures. I mentioned to him that we should also get pictures of his kids and him. He wants a family photo with all four of us in it. now it made me smile but at the same time i had this feeling that i was doing something wrong. I feel that i shouldnt be in the picture cuz im not thier mom and i know that BM would freak out about it. Im not sure what to think. I think that i shouldnt be in the picture with them. Would it be wrong to get a family picture?

by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 2:16 AM
Replies (31-35):
shoot4thestars
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:57 PM

We have two sets of family pictures of DH, SS and myself from different years.   I'm sure BM has family pictures that include her husband as well.

boysmom5
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:31 AM
You're part of his family, so a nice family portrait that includes the whole family is absolutely appropriate.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momof2ex1
by Ruby Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 12:15 PM
So OP did that help?? Do you feel better about the pictures? I hope so!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Seychelles1409
by Gold Member on Dec. 8, 2012 at 6:12 PM

Of course not!  You will be part of the family as their SM.  If you go into the marriage with the idea that you aren't part of the family, your relationship with the SKs won't become the best it could be.  Go for it!  Do not worry about BM.

Emyles
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 8:01 AM
Girl take the picture, its your family too. Don't worry about what bm thinks! If bm ever gets married she will take family pics with the kids and her hubby and pass them out! TAKE THE PICTURES! ENJOY!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN