Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

Now I am a wicked witch

Posted by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 12:55 AM
  • 82 Replies
My dad is coming to stay with us in a few weeks. He is aware of sd10's behavior issues. He loves her dearly and she is every bit his grandchild, just like ds4 and ds1. Dh and I have talked about the fact that she is going to try us when he moves in. Dad was visiting today. Sd walks in from outside and says,"you are a wicked witch!" then dies laughing. My dad looks at me. I say"and you are rude and mean. That was a very ugly thing to say and I never want to hear you call anyone anything again."
I can see it is going to be a trying few weeks until she sees that no matter who is around, she cannot act like that and treat people like shit.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 12:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SammyJK
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 1:22 AM
Was she serious?
angelmommy2806
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 5:35 AM
SS13 acts out when company is around. He just doesn't get it only hurts him in the end.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tiredmama42
by Silver Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 7:24 AM
6 moms liked this

I can see a young lady with a empty room and no priveledges till she earns what respect is. 

LittleMama2012
by Silver Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 7:25 AM
Yes she was serious. I have no idea where it come from. She had been pretty bratty Saturday. Yesterday Dh was home so she was behaving for the most part. She just walked in from playing and said it. She was trying to be cute; she just looked like a brat.

Quoting SammyJK:

Was she serious?

LittleMama2012
by Silver Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 7:30 AM
We have cleaned her room out many times. Not lately. This last year has been pretty tough. Dh even tried just letting her come eowe. That was pure hell on our weekend. They tried letting her decide if she wanted to come. Bm and Dh have taken everything at both houses. She has gotten spankings, lost privileges, we stopped making plans to do fun things when she was here. She just turns it all around and it becomes "my fault" that she doesn't get to do anything or gets in trouble.
I even said let her keep her room, dad can have the boys room, boys get the family room, which was a playroom. I didn't want her to feel like she didn't have a place here. I feel like no matter what anyone does, nothing works. The only punishment that ever seems to work for any period of time is writing sentences. She hit 400 one time because she would not just be quiet. She did not have a smart mouth for weeks after that.

Quoting tiredmama42:

I can see a young lady with a empty room and no priveledges till she earns what respect is. 

whatIknownow
by Ruby Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 7:41 AM
2 moms liked this

I don't understand the comment "you are a wicked witch." What was the context? If she was laughing, I assume she thought she was making a joke? to understand the joke I'd need to know the context.

What did she mean by it? does she say things like that to you often? Does she say inappropriate (seemingly out of context) things to people often?

whatIknownow
by Ruby Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 7:43 AM
1 mom liked this

why didn't you ask her what she meant by that if you had no idea what she meant?

if she thought it was funny (not insulting, but funny), then there was a miscommunication and I would focus on that, rather than on punishing her.

Quoting LittleMama2012:

Yes she was serious. I have no idea where it come from. She had been pretty bratty Saturday. Yesterday Dh was home so she was behaving for the most part. She just walked in from playing and said it. She was trying to be cute; she just looked like a brat.

Quoting SammyJK:

Was she serious?

weirdkids
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 7:54 AM
2 moms liked this

maybe your dad will be the one to put her in her place. my grandmother is like that. both actually lol anytime my kids act up ill tell em, "dont make me send you to ninas. you know how she feels about brats" stops them in their tracks. they love her and love spending time with her but they know if i have to call her because they are in trouble, they are in deep sh*t

LittleMama2012
by Silver Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 7:54 AM
She was not being funny, she was being mean. I did not punish her. I said what I said and told her to go play.

Quoting whatIknownow:

why didn't you ask her what she meant by that if you had no idea what she meant?

if she thought it was funny (not insulting, but funny), then there was a miscommunication and I would focus on that, rather than on punishing her.

Quoting LittleMama2012:

Quoting SammyJK:

Was she serious?

LittleMama2012
by Silver Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 8:04 AM
There was no context. She was outside playing, walked in the door and said it. She was trying to make me mad, which is why she laughed. No one else laughed. I said what I said. Her face turned red and she was embarrassed. If dh's mom and step mom had been here, they would have laughed. Things like that are always very funny and cute to them, well when they come from her. Yes she does say inappropriate things fairly often. Some make no sense such as this and sometimes it is just because many people in her life have let her say and do as she pleases without regard to others.

For instance, I quit taking her anywhere for a long time because we were in the bread aisle of Walmart. It was busy. She says,"all this people are in my way. Why are they here. They need to leave. I just can't stand this." I told her that was rude. Through the whole store she did this, as I left my cart and went to the car. "All these people! Look at that one! What is she wearing!" On and on. I took her to the grocery store. I turned and she had punched ds who was 2 almost 3. I didn't see this pinch. I heard him holler. He got in trouble for hollering. It took me about 5 min to realize what was going on. Then she says,"oh he pooped! He smells! How awful! He is a brat." He had not pooped. She was loud and obnoxious and people looked at her. I left.

Quoting whatIknownow:

I don't understand the comment "you are a wicked witch." What was the context? If she was laughing, I assume she thought she was making a joke? to understand the joke I'd need to know the context.

What did she mean by it? does she say things like that to you often? Does she say inappropriate (seemingly out of context) things to people often?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)