Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stepmom Central Stepmom Central

EDIT with picture: Christmas Related: What should I do? :)

Posted by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 8:40 PM
  • 14 Replies

This year we have SD for christmas.  My son is only a year and a half, and has everything he needs.  He seems to have no interest in presents.  So we're probably going to get him a new carseat and a few books to open.  Not a lot.  He's definitely more interested in food.  I'll probably get him a bushel of apples, no joke.  Anyway...my SD is almost 8 (in january) and since we'll have her this year, I'm going a little crazy buying cute girly stuff.  She has a loft bed and has a desk/computer/bookshelf/rug underneath so it looks like a little library.  This year she asked for a chair so she could put it underneath her bed where her bookshelf is now, and put her mini dvd player (for car trips...grandparents live about 2.5 hours away) on a table across from it.  Cute Idea.  So I searched and searched for the perfect chair...and finally found one that fit my budget and worked for her age.  Its a round chairthat you can fold up if you want, but its very sturdy and nice with pink with fuzzy upholstry.  I'll make her a pillow/blanket to match probably.  Anyway.........my question is:  I asked DH if he thought we should wrap it or ... his suggestion was to hide it until christmas and set it up christmas eve after she goes to sleep and put all her other presents in her new chair (unwrapped).  What would you do?  Would you wrap it or leave it unwrapped?

by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 8:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angirose
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 9:18 PM

I guess my questions would be, did it come in a box?? Is it going to take some time to put together?

Seychelles1409
by Silver Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 9:20 PM
2 moms liked this

Unwrapped with a great big pink and red bow and lots of pretty streamers hanging all around it with the pillow in the chair and the blanket draped over the back.  Does that sound cute?

LittleMama2012
by Silver Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 9:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Do you do Santa? If so, leave it unwrapped and let it, along with a little table, be from Santa.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
angirose
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 9:22 PM

Quoting LittleMama2012:

Do you do Santa? If so, leave it unwrapped and let it, along with a little table, be from Santa.

i agree......this is awesome!!

whatIknownow
by Ruby Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 9:24 PM

I'd wrap the other presents, but I like the idea of putting them on the unwrapped chair.

MiMi03331
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 9:29 PM
1 mom liked this

When I was 8, Santa left me a real baby bassinet with a bunch of real baby clothes in it (all yard sale finds) but I had to go on a scavenger hunt to find it.  It was actually hidden in the bathtub.  I still remember the anticipation of finding the clues and finally finding the gift.  That same year, one of my brothers got a guitar and it was hidden under my parent's bed.  I remember us literally running over each other finding our clues, looking for our gifts.  It was a lot of fun and 30 years later I still remember it.

lovemyfriend
by Bronze Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 9:36 PM

It doesn't need to be put together.  It came in a thick plastic bag and its like a really nice folding chair with upholstery instead of just fabric.  It would be 'easy enough' to wrap, or to have out.

Quoting angirose:

I guess my questions would be, did it come in a box?? Is it going to take some time to put together?

lovemyfriend
by Bronze Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 9:37 PM

Oooh....I like this....What kinds of clues did your parents leave? 

Quoting MiMi03331:

When I was 8, Santa left me a real baby bassinet with a bunch of real baby clothes in it (all yard sale finds) but I had to go on a scavenger hunt to find it.  It was actually hidden in the bathtub.  I still remember the anticipation of finding the clues and finally finding the gift.  That same year, one of my brothers got a guitar and it was hidden under my parent's bed.  I remember us literally running over each other finding our clues, looking for our gifts.  It was a lot of fun and 30 years later I still remember it.

pokey-pwa
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 9:40 PM
This. I think she will want something to unwrap but I like the idea of setting them all in the unwrapped chair :)

Quoting whatIknownow:

I'd wrap the other presents, but I like the idea of putting them on the unwrapped chair.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
whatIknownow
by Ruby Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 9:51 PM

I think we need a picture of this chair.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)