Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He's the gift that keeps on giving.

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:42 AM
  • 1 Replies

In previous posts, I've written about how my SS (17) has been in trouble with the law, got his BM evicted (immediately) from her apt, was failing school (he's been "sentenced" to 6 weeks in an alternative school for the time being - and doing MUCH better in that environment, it seems), and I've written about his general MISbehavior around the house, etc.

Well, since I follow him on his school district's website to monitor his attendance, assignments, and grades (DH and BM don't bother), I noticed that over the past three weeks he has greatly improved his grades and has been truning in almost all of his assignments.  I chose to look over the fact that he got called into the principals office for posting on his Facebook page that his PE teacher talks to his students about "Getting High"... but, I digress...  Because of his improvement, I went out and bought him a new jacket and spoke with DH about letting him play the new Black Ops 2 game that he has been drooling over.  (I had DH buy it after the last progress reports were out as kind of a "carrot" to dangle in front of him.  He had to have passing grades after 4 weeks, or he's have to be happy watching his dad play the game.  Well, for once DH agreed with me on a punishment, and he stuck with it. So, when I got home yesterday, I spoke with DH about letting SS play the game for a bit as a reward for doing better.  So SS got to play it before and after dinner. 

Well, No good deed goes unpunished (and no, I guess I'm doing pretty bad at disengaging; but geez.  No one pays attention to the kid and he's going to ruin his chances of a decent life -OUT of my house!

So, this morning, my Mom/Spidey Senses started twitching.  You know that feeling you get when you KNOW something is up??  I was pretty upset with SS, but I didn't tell his dad about it, because I saw him spitting on the bathroom floor.  EW!  I can't fathom how anyone could DO something like that, but since he wiped it with some of his clothes that were on the floor, I figured I'd let it go.  He would just lie about it anyhow.  But back to my "Mom Intuition".  After he left for the school bus, I decided to go into his room and lift the mattress.  Last week there was a package of that Salvia/weed stuff under there.  TODAY, though, there was a little black baf of marijuana under there.  UGH!

So I went into the bathroom where DH was taking a bath and presented it to him.  

What would y'all suggest that we DO about it?  DH wants to scare him by making him think he got called in for a random drug test this afternoon prior to his court date (for stealing laptops from an elementary school).  *I* think something more should happen.  When is it going to kick in that this behavior is unacceptable?  

by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
sassy711
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 8:42 AM

SS is 17 and knows right from wrong.  Let DH and the school determine what should be done.  SS is going to test his dad (and you) over and over again.  He believes that the consequences of bad behavior are worth the risk.  Life will have to teach him otherwise.  Let DH handle this and let the chips fall where they may.  Personally, I'd flush the pot down the toilet and not tell him.  Good luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)