Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Too good to be true? Or are we over thinking?

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:25 PM
  • 7 Replies
1 mom liked this
So court was today...BM has been telling everyone that it will be over her dead that anyone else will get her daughter when DF deploys. But in court today she told the judge that she is completely okay with DF's daughter going to his parents while he is deployed as long as she gets summer (which was never an issue).

Say what!?

We are scared to believe that we won. It seems too easy. Why would she suddenly flip like that??? But I am overthinking this aren't I? I just need to be happy with the right now, don't I?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
ekh2010
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:29 PM
Did judge sign off on it? Enjoy it...they are crazy often. Congrats on getting what you wanted
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
laughnchica
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:32 PM
Yeah he said he will write the order this week with that agreement. And thanks! We are pretty happy and it's a relief to know that his daughter is going to taken care of while he is gone
annabl1970
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:48 PM

good

pepper504
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:51 PM

Maybe someone *advised* her that it was not worth fighting because when BD deploys, his family could still get visitation.  Congrats!

Katalystic
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:52 PM

Well, I'd be holding my breath too, but it makes sense. While a lot of people are combatative outside of court, they don't want to look like arrogant asses inside the courtroom. So take the good news and run with it :D

libelule
by Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:53 PM

Congrats!  She probably realized that she had no chance of 'winning' so she conceded.  It must be a weight off!  Pour yourself a glass of wine and .......... relaxxxxxxx!!!

laughnchica
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:56 PM
=) it's slowly sinking in. Happy times!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)